Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Book Review-Bodyguard

Bodyguard
Shifters Unbound (2.5)
Jennifer Ashley
Kindle E Book
311 Pages
Published Nov 2011
Shifter Romance

Synopsis
Elizabeth Chapman is saved from an armed robber by a giant Kodiak bear who shifts into a large, well-muscled, and fully bare human. But when it's revealed that the robber is the brother of a dangerous criminal, Elizabeth finds herself the target of a vendetta.

Ronan, the Bear Shifter, takes her to Shiftertown, where she finds that mateless Ronan takes care of Shifters who have no families or clans of their own. Having grown up in foster care herself, Elizabeth can only admire how protective Ronan is, even while she chafes at the confinement.

But Ronan will only let her leave the safety of Shiftertown if he becomes her 24/7 bodyguard. Elizabeth finally agrees. The trouble is, the sassy human Elizabeth is triggering Ronan's long-buried need to find himself a mate.

Summary:
Elizabeth, has worked very hard to make a fresh start, and with her store finally doing well, then one evening someone bursts into her store and attempts to rob her, and then a big kodiak bear saves the day....when Ronan saves Elizabeth from being killed, he ends up being blamed for attacking a human, and only with Elizabeth's testimony does he get free, and he desires to protect her from those who would seek revenge. Elizabeth at first doesn't want to believe in the danger that threatens both herself and her sister, but when she starts to realize who is really involved in getting revenge, she starts to realize that how much she needs Ronan and his protective nature, and sooner than she would ever think she starts to fall in love with the most adorable bear in the county, who despite being a shifter bear, is so tender and loving but she doesn't know if she can trust Ronan or her heart...but she doesn't dare mess up the best thing that has ever happened to her...

The Hero 
Ronan, is a shifter, and a kodiak bear, and when he first came to shiftertown he was very reserved and shy, but slowly started to extend outside of his shell, and now he is a foster dad to three bear shifters, who keep him on his toes, but when he meets Elizabeth, his protective streak goes through the roof, and he knows the longer she stays with him, he knows that she is his future mate if only he can get her to trust in their love.

The Heroine 
Elizabeth Chapman, has a dark secret that is a part of her past, and in order to protect herself and her sister she had to start a new life and make a fresh start, and right when she thought things were going well and that she could forget the past and focus on her future, but when she is robbed and Ronan saves the day she knows her life has changed forever if she can only trust in his love for her....

My Thoughts 
Bodyguard is a e book between the second and third in the series, and its Ronan's story, and those of you who have read this series, just fall in love with Ronan and I would love to find my own 'Ronan'. Bodyguard was such an endearing story and only .99 cents on Kindle, so I was thrilled when it wasn't a short story, but novel size, and I couldn't put it down I was so enthralled by the story. I have noticed that with Jennifer Ashley I think to myself am I really going to like this one, but I am always surprised by how good it is, how much I fall in love with the stories and the characters, and the same is true with Bodyguard. Its probably my favorite book so far in the series, of course the other two are not far behind, I think the one thing that I loved the most, is the romance in this story, so beautifully written and I also enjoyed the conflict, it wasn't the kind the would send your heart racing, yet it wasn't like it wasn't enough of conflict, I found it balanced the story really well and I definitely just loved every aspect....a fun and exciting, and it seemed to be a perfect addition to the best series Ashley has come up with yet....

My Grade On This Book 
5 Blossoms

Other Books In The Series 
Shifter Made
Pride Mates
Primal Bonds
Wild Cat
Fighting Cat
Mate Claimed



8 comments:

  1. The only story I have not read in the series yet, glad you stated it was full length novel size instead of short novella as am going to get my copy today after leaving your review. I loved Ronan and looking forward to his story, wanted to already read it but for some reason put it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I have yet to read this series (though I already love Ashley's work), but I look forward to doing so soon! :)

    Enjoy!
    TBQ
    TBQ's Book Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up about the novella---I wasn't aware of it :) Going to pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh!!I like the sound of this book! and I like shifters that are a little un-usual, so a bear shifter is really appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great review and letting us know about this one!

    Great to hear a bear shifter is a hero in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of the books in this series but I suppose that I should begin at the beginning, huh? lol This one sounds good. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee read the book this weekend, already loved Ronan but now am even more his biggest fan as one of the nicest characters in the series!
    Liked how this one managed to showcase the main characters and introduce some new ones as well without overwhelming the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review. I am new to Jennifer Ashley Shifters Unbound Series. I am reading Pride Mates and enjoying it. Nice to read something different in a shifter series.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails