Thursday, April 3, 2014

ARC Book Review-Confessions Of A Royal Bridegroom

Confessions Of A Royal Bridegroom
Renegade Royals (2)
Vanessa Kelly
Zebra Kensington Books
Published April 2014
480 Pages
Regency Historical Romance
ISBN:  9781420131246
Authors Website  
Synopsis
 Only one woman is worthy of his secrets…

They are the Renegade Royals, illegitimate sons of the Royal Princes, each finding his rightful place in society—and the woman destined to be his perfect match…

Some men are born into scandal. Others pursue it with a passion. Griffin Steele, secret son of the Duke of Cumberland, is guilty on both counts. Yet somehow London’s most notorious scoundrel has been saddled with an abandoned baby boy—and with the unflappable, intriguing spinster summoned to nurse him…

Justine Brightmore may be a viscount’s niece, but she’s also a spy’s daughter, determined to safeguard the infant when his suspected royal parentage makes him a target. Yet how to protect herself from the rakish Griffin? Marriage might shield her reputation, but it can only imperil her heart, especially with a groom intent on delicious seduction…
My Review

Griffin Steele, is one of the most notorious men in London, and suddenly has been left with a abandoned baby on his doorstep. The last thing he needs is a fussy infant, so a friend and mentor, sends him a woman to nanny the baby until his parents can be found and returned to them. Justine may live in the countryside but her childhood was anything but boring. Her father being a spy and her uncle a viscount, she is tougher than she seems. When she comes to London, to take care of a infant next door to a brothel, she has her work cut out for her, and the owner Griffin who is overwhelming to the extreme but takes her breath away with his smoldering gaze. Circumstances lead these two to closer together, being forced to protect this baby at all costs, and then the sexual tension rises between them and if Griffin wants a future with the only woman he could trust with his secrets, he will have to share everything of himself and prove to her of his genuine feelings for her or he may lose her forever.

Confessions of a Royal Bridegroom is the second book in the series and the first book I have read from this author. I was given a ARC copy in exchange for a honest review. Especially lately I have heard a variety of mixed reviews when it comes to Vanessa Kelly, but I have to say after reading this title, she has just been put on my radar list. I wasn't sure how much I was going to enjoy this one, but I found myself captivated by this story the moment I started reading it. One of my favorite aspects of this story was the suspense and intrigue side of it. It wasn't a simple regency romance, and even the characters weren't your normal characters you would see in this sub genre. I did find myself fascinated with these characters though. They just clicked instantly, and even though at first they have this teasing flirtation going on, you sense there is something even more deeper developing even from the beginning. The heroine did bother me a little in the beginner, I felt she was a bit too whiny, she complained quite a bit. But she grew on me and I found her very likable especially at the end. The hero was very fun to watch, and he is a scoundrel and I enjoyed his secretive nature, made him more unpredictable and even more sexy.

Such a riveting tale of twists and turns, mysteries and passions, and a tale of two who need each other more than either realize. A unique story that will set your heart racing and see that emotions go into a tail spin!! A  romance that pulls the reader in with a stimulating writing style.  INTRICATELY SENSUAL!!!

My Grade 
4 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Warm

Other Boosk In Series 
Secrets For Seducing A Royal Bodyguard
How To Plan A Wedding For a Royal Spy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails