Sunday, May 18, 2014

DNF ARC Book Review-The Knight Of Love

A Knight of Love
Catherine LaRoche
Pocket Star Books
Ebook
Published June 2014
400 Pages
Regency Historical Romance
ISBN: 9781476710136
Authors Website 
In this saucy romance, an English lady turns the damsel-in-distress tale on its head as she escapes her malicious fiancé and fights for both her life and that of the lustful rebel that has become her protector.

Lady Lenora Trevelyan, a naïve yet stubborn young lady born to the highest noble houses of England and Germany, finds herself betrothed to the brutal Prince Kurt von Rotenburg-Gruselstadt. But after she is cruelly bruised and flogged by her fiancé, she decides to take the reins of her fate. In the midst of a German revolution, Lenora escapes Kurt’s iron fist and embarks home to England. She quickly finds herself in the hands of a rebel group and their robust, gentle, and handsome leader, Wolfram von Wolfsbach und Ravensworth, the English Earl of Ravensworth.

Lenora struggles to deny the passion she feels towards the frustratingly chivalrous Earl, but her desire for him continues to bloom. Wolfram hungers for nothing other than to fight for democracy and civil rights in uniting Germany and to protect what he assumes is his damsel in distress. Through nights of immeasurable pleasure, Lenora and Wolfram learn that their passion is no match for the revolutionary chaos that ensues. And when Lenora discovers that her protector’s life is threatened, she must risk everything to save her Knight of Love.
My Review

First off I want to say that I spent almost a week trying to get this one read. And when I was about halfway through the story, I decided to just let it go. I have always felt you shouldn't force yourself to read something. Especially when there are so many other books I would like to read. I don't think it was the author's style of writing that let me down on this one, the main reason really surprised me, but it was the hero's character. I loved the heroine way more than the hero. Now don't get me wrong Wolfram is very likable but a bit too much for me. His character just didn't seem to fit him. I guess my biggest issue with him was that he was "knightly". Wanting to woo his lady, but the way he talked just slowed my pace in the story and even though I was curious to see how this ends, I knew that I couldn't keep going into it when my heart wasn't in the story. I feel especially bad because this is a ARC and I always like to finish them if possible, however I feel that even though there were certain aspects I really enjoyed: for example the setting in Germany, quite a bit of danger and a feisty heroine. So in the beginning I really thought I would fall in love and I think if the hero seemed more realistic to the time period than I would have enjoyed it a bit more. I hope one day to come back to this book later but for right now I think its time to just set it aside.

My Grade 
DNF

Heat Rating 
Warm

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails