Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Short Book Review-A Mackenzie Family Christmas

A Mackenzie Family Christmas
Highland Pleasures (4.5)
Jennifer Ashley
E Book
Published December 15 2012
137 Pages
Holiday Historical Romance Novella
ISBN:  9780986023873
Author's Website
Synopsis
The Mackenzies gather for a clan Christmas and New Year's in Scotland. In the chaos of preparations for the celebration--the first of Hart and Eleanor's married life--one of Ian's Ming bowls gets broken, and the family scrambles to save the day. Daniel busily runs a betting ring for everything from the time Eleanor's baby will arrive to whether Mac's former-pugilist valet can win a boxing match to who will be the first of the many guests to be caught under the mistletoe. Ian begins a new obsession, and Beth fears the loss of one of his precious bowls has made him withdraw once more into his private world.

My Thoughts
I can hardly believe it took me so long to read this novella, especially with the whole Mackenzie clan involved here. I should be banging my head against the wall right? Well I have finally repented of this transgression LOL. Last night I bought this for my Nook, and I read it in little time. Jennifer Ashley has always been a weakness of mine, whether its a historical or paranormal, I am always hooked and I know it will be good (it really doesn't matter what its about, I just know it will be a exciting ride) Well I loved this one so much, its definitely in the 5 STARS range. It starts out with the whole Mackenzie clan joining together for Christmas and New Years. We begin with the beginning preparations of the holiday and the whole family joining together. We see plenty of Ian and Beth and Ian's fascination with Ming bowls and when it accidently gets broken, Beth and the rest of the family gang up together to find a way to repair things for Ian. Meanwhile Daniel is getting into his own kind of mischief (of course right? he is a Mackenzie after all). Then we see Hart and Eleanor getting ready for the new birth, which is more trying than blissful for Hart. Plenty of drama to go around the family. Now being a novella, (I usually have issues, considering they are never long enough for me) but I think Ashley did a great job of wrapping things up in the end, and it ended up being one of my favorites. I have just a weakness for Ian and Hart (they are my favorites of all the Mackenzie men) and there is so much involvement with the whole family, and I just enjoyed seeing my favorites coming together. A Perfect read for any time of the year (not just Christmas time--since I read this in MAY), and a wonderful mix of romance and laughter, and a MUST READ!!!

My Grade 
5 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Warm

Other Books In  Series 
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie
Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage
The Many Sins of Lord Cameron
The Duke's Perfect Wife
The Seduction of Elliot Mcbride
The Untamed Mackenzie
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie
Rules For A Proper Governess

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails