Monday, July 15, 2013

Book Review-Dragon Bound

Dragon Bound
Elder Races (1)
Thea Harrison
E Book
Published May 2011
312 Pages
Shifter Romance
ISBN:  0425241505
Author's Website
Half-human and half-Wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the Wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful—and passionate—of the Elder Races.

As the most feared and respected of the Wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they've ignited in each other.

Pia knows she must repay Dragos for her trespass, but refuses to become his slave—although she cannot deny wanting him, body and soul
My Review
I recently just bought Dragon Bound, for a group read, and since I just adore shifter romances, and this author has been at the top of my list of authors to read. I do have a weakness for dragons, and after reading Dragon Bound, I am hooked on this author. I have already bought the second one. Thea Harrison brings out certain aspects of shifter love stories, that completely captures your attention from the first paragraph. There was quite a few things that I enjoyed about Dragon Bound. As the first in the series, I felt like this author set up this world with enough description and sensuality to get you hooked immediately. I never felt lost in her writing or confused.

Pia finds herself being forced into a situation with no good ending in sight. She ends up having no option but to steal a penny from the leader of the Wyr (dragon shifters), and through some miracle she manages it without getting caught. But she knows that he will try to find her, and she will have to live a life on the run. With the help of a friend she manages to escape into a territory that is a enemy to the Wyr. But then she is shocked when her good luck runs out, and she finds herself captured by Dragos. In the beginning she expects him to kill her or torture her, but she is shocked when neither of those things actually occur. Dragos is furious with Pia when he finally finds the thief that stole his penny. But he finds himself being seduced by her beauty and her sweet spirit, and did what had to be done to survive. He starts to truly admire her, but there are vultures circling around them, threatening both of them. Only by truly trusting one another and working as a team will they be able to conquer all that stands between them.

I have heard so many great things about Dragon Bound since it came out, and I don't know how I waited this LONG to finally get my booty in gear and read it! Thea Harrison is going up my list along side with J.R. Ward and Christine Feehan. There was so much that I enjoyed about this story. There was so much mystery and intrigue and a intensity to the story that only tightened its hold on me. I loved this couple, Pia and Dragos were stellar together. There was quite a few surprises here and there, and the chemistry alone is hot enough to heat the whole planet up. Dragon Bound lived up to my expectations and even more than that it turned into one of those stories that burns in your memory forever. A Tale full of passion, paranormal suspense, with such witty interactions between the characters, you will have no choice but to fall in love. A WINNNER of a read and I guarantee it will delight you from your head to your toes. A must read for any that are looking for a thrilling and intense romance yet soft and juicy on the inside.

My Grade 
5 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Steamy

Other Books In Series 
Storm's Heart
Serpent's Kiss
True Colors
Oracle's Moon
Natural Evil
Devil's Gate
Hunter's Season
Lord's Fall
The Wicked
Kinked

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails