Monday, June 11, 2012

Book Review-The Heir

The Heir
Duke's Obsession (1)
Wyndham (1)
Grace Burrowes
Paperback
Published Dec 2010
Sourcebooks Casablanca
448 Pages
Regency Historical Romance
ISBN 978-1-4022-4434-6

Synopsis 
AN EARL WHO CAN'T BE BRIBED...

Gayle Windham. Earl of Westhaven, is the first legitimate son and heir to the Duke of Moreland. To escape his father's inexorable pressure to marry, he decides to spend the summer at his townhouse in London, where he finds himself intrigued by the secretive ways of his beautiful housekeeper...

A LADY WHO CAN'T BE PROTECTED...

Anna Seaton is a beautiful, talented, educated woman. which is why it is so puzzling to Gayle Windham that she works as his housekeeper.

As the two draw closer and begin to lose their hearts to each other. Anna's secrets threaten to bring the earl's orderly life crashing down -- and he doesn't know how he's going to protect her from the fallout...
My Review

Summary 
 Gayle Windham, the Earl of Westhaven, heir to be the Duke, has extreme pressure from his father to marry and produce an heir. So much pressure that he was almost forced to marry his current mistress. He knows that he must find someone to marry soon, before his father's manipulations go too far, but then his housekeeper catches his eye. Anna, although has a deep secret from her past, she is determined to make sure it doesn't ruin her present. Even though Gayle is her boss, and an Earl, she can't deny the spark that starts to explode between them, a passion that tempts to inflame them both, and she knows that even though he could be everything she could ever want....she refuses to let her past harm him, no matter the cost to herself.

The Hero (Gayle Windham)
Gayle, has recently lost a brother, who he loved dearly, and both he and his family have suffered a deep blow. Now some time has passed, and he is endeavoring to make his days busy and full of his responsibilities and not let his desire for his new housekeeper, overcome all of his practical sense and logic. However, he knows that the more he gives in to the desire that plagues them both,  the more he will be tempted to want more...her heart

The Heroine (Anna Seaton)
Anna, has many talents, but she has also many secrets, secrets that if revealed could harm those she loves and has been able to protect so far. When she first starts working for Gayle she never thought that she would end up falling in love with him. However she is afraid that her past will come back to bit her in the behind rather sooner than later, and she knows it will tear her up in side to leave him....

My Thoughts 
When I first read a review of one of the books from this series, and having such a high rating, I tried to see if it was at my local library, and to my shock and surprise it Was!!!! And I am so glad that I did!!! No regrets with this wonderful historical romance that just tied me up in knots.....it starts out with two people that seem like they are on opposite sides of the tracks....however as the story progresses we see how alike these two are and how much they need each other. Then when everything is revealed, I was very surprise and never saw it coming....I just love a good romance with a twists and turns that delightfully shocks you, and from the first page to the very last I couldn't put it down, it was so enticing, and I just loved this author's style of writing, witty, excitement, sensuality and enough romance to satisfy fully any reader.....I was very impressed by this regency romance that completely won me over!!!!

My Grade On This Book 
5 Blossoms

Other Books In The Series 
The Soldier
The Virtuoso
Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish
Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal
Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight
Lady Eve's Little Indiscretion  























1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I have read the other books in the series and have enjoyed them. I will have to pick this one up! I am out of school for the summer and have a stack of books to work through. My favorite so far is called, "Jan's Excellent Romance: Applesauce and Andy" by author Lindsay Hall. This a humorous fiction romance novel, which takes place in a café in Long Island, NY. I LOVE the humor in the story and the characters are so heart warming. This book had me hooked from the moment I picked up it. I truly enjoyed it! http://www.lindsayhallromance.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails