Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Book Review-My Ruthless Prince

My Ruthless Prince
The Inferno Club (4)
Gaelen Foley
Avon Romance
Paperback
Published Dec 2011
384 Pages
Espionage, Regency Historical Romance 

The Inferno Club: To London Society, they’re notorious for their scandalous pursuits. In private, these warriors would risk their lives for king and country.

His brother warriors fear the Earl of Westwood has turned traitor, but Emily Harper knows this is impossible for the man she has loved since childhood . . . as impossible as a marriage between them could ever be—she, the gamekeeper’s daughter and he, a bold and adventurous nobleman.

Driven by hatred and revenge, Westwood is playing a deadly game of deception, bent on destroying the enemy’s dark conspiracy from the inside, and he’s furious when Emily plunges herself into danger for his sake. Forced into close quarters, their long-suppressed desire explodes into all-consuming passion.

Emily knows her love can save him . . . but Westwood is a man who doesn’t want to be saved.
My Review

Summary 
  Emily Harper, has always loved Drake, ever since she was a little girl, even though their stations should have kept them apart, it only drew them together. Emily has always known of Drake's secret, being a spy and working for the government or also known as the "Inferno Club" When he is suspected of being a traitor, even to his brothers from the club, she knows only she still believes in him, and she must save him. So she travels on her own through Europe, to find him, and when she finds him...questions abound, and the situation she finds herself and Drake in will take them both working together and learning what it truly means to trust no matter the opposition, and even then it might not be enough......

The Hero (Drake Westwood)
Drake, ever since he was a boy had trained to be in the Inferno Club, and go on dangerous assignments, but his current one is the most dangerous of all, to make everyone believe he is a traitor, so he can get into the enemy camp, but when Emily arrives on the scene, it only complicates matters, and he doesn't know if he will be able to save them both

The Heroine (Emily Harper)
Emily, grew up as the gamekeeper's daughter, and was a bit of a tom boy more than anything else, and as young children both she and Drake were inseperable, until he went into training, but as they got older, their relationship only became stronger. So when she hears that he is in need of help, she goes off to help not knowing what she is getting herself into. Once she realizes the danger, though its too late to back out and she refuses to leave without Drake by her side....

My Thoughts 
My Ruthless Prince, is the fourth in the series, and the first book that I have read from the series. I have just loved Gaelen Foley, but for some reason I must be behind in the times or lost in a cave somewhere, but when I discovered these books at the library I knew I needed to read them...not even knowing which book is in order. However when I started reading My Ruthless Prince, I don't know I even got up once, I was so enthralled into the story...I mean the plot wasn't something I had never read at least the basics, however there was something that completely drew me into the story, the plot and the vivid portrayal of the characters. I think one of the things that kept me so involved into the book, was how there was surprise after surprise, things I would never suspect to happen, which definitely had me intrigued at the least. So if your  in the mood for a good spy historical romance, I would recommend My Ruthless Prince and I am sure the rest of the books in the series so far....there is something almost magical about the way this author writes!!! You just won't be disappointed!

My Grade On This Book 
5 Blossoms

Other Books In The Series 
My Wicked Marquess
My Dangerous Duke
My Irresistable Earl
My Scandalous Viscount (Fall 2012)



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really great book!! :D
    I'm glad you enjoyed it so so much =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails