Monday, June 9, 2014

Quote Tastic (3) Hard Time Talking


Join us every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed you for one reason or another. Everyone's welcome to join in - authors, bloggers, readers. The more the merrier! Just grab the button and put up your post :) Don't have a blog? No worries, just leave your favorites in the comment section. Quote-tastic is hosted by Herding Cats & Burning Soup

*********************************************
I have truly come to appreciate the Argeneau series, I know every time I pick up one of these books I will laugh my head off, and Vampire Interrupted is too witty not to laugh as your reading along.

“Okay," Christian said with a great show at maintaining his patience. "So you can't dance. But you could at least talk to the woman."
Julius frowned and avoided his gaze. "I am talking."
"You aren't," Christian insisted. "You haven't said more than a handful of words."
Scowling, he admitted, "I'm practicing in my head."
Christian blinked at this. "Practicing?"
"Well, you don't just blurt out the first thing that comes to mind," Julius said with exasperation. "I have to approach this carefully, so I'm practicing."
"In your head?" Christian clarified.
"Yes." Julius nodded. "In my head."
"Right....Good, good," he nodded, and then said "but you know what would be even better?"
Julius raised his eyebrows with interest. "What?"
"Talking to her OUT LOUD!" Christian snapped. "Jesus Christ, Father, you're as old as the earth. You run a huge corporation, dealing with people-even women-day in day out. Surely you can string a couple of words together and manage a little conversation with the woman?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails