Saturday, December 4, 2010

Book Review-Seduced By A Highlander

Seduced By A Highlander
Children of the Mist (2)
Paula Quinn
Grand Central
347 Pages
Published Sep 2010
Scottish Highlands
ISBN: 978-0-446-55237-0
Synopsis
SINS THAT CAN'T BE FORGIVEN
Tristan MacGregor is famed throughout the Highlands as a silver-tonged seducer and an unrepentant rogue. Bold and charming, he's dallied with many women, yet none as mysterious as the lass he steals a kiss from at king's court. Little does he know this beauty is one of his clan's greatest enemies.
PASSION THAT CAN'T BE DENIED
Isobel Fergusson has despised the bloodthirsty MacGregors ever since they murdered her father. She's horrified to learn that the handsome stranger she kissed is of this clan. But Tristan means to possess her at any cost and Isobel's body turns traitor at his touch. Can a man she's sworn to hate be the only one she can ever love?

Summary:
Isobel Fegusson comes to England with her brother's for the King's coronation. But one day, out walking, she stumbles across a handsome highlander who is charming and simply irrisistable and a danger to any woman. But then Isobel finds out that they are enemies. the MacGregors killed her father out of revenge for her father killing Tristan's uncle. Isobel and Tristan are forbidden from seeing each other by their own kin, however Tristan finds Isobel irrisistable and searches her home out, ends up injured and spends quite some time with Isobel and her brothers, and their feelings for each other are stronger than any feud...

The Hero (Tristan MacGregor)
Tristan  is a lover of the lases, but when he meets Isobel she challenges him more than any other. Isobel intrigues him, and ever since he met her he craves her. So despite his better logic, he goes with his gut feeling and goes searching for her, even though knowing that their families are enemies, however he doesn't see Isobel as a enemy. As he spends even more time with her and her brothers, he figures that the Fergussons aren't as bad as his clan claims, and is determined to keep Isobel in his life, even if he has to give up his family and clan. Tristan despite being a rascal when it comes to the women, doesn't have the highest of self esteem, not really thinking he has a place with his family, however he starts to believe in himself again and in his love that he has for Isobel.

The Heroine (Isobel Fergusson)
Isobel lost her mother eleven years ago, and lost her father only a year after her mother. Isobel along with her brother Patrick, had to be responsible and care for their younger brothers. Isobel has always had to work hard to provide for her family and help raise her brothers ever since their father died, since their clan left them after the fact. Isobel is a very courageous and strong willed woman, and hates and even fears the MacGregors after what they did to her father, leaving seven children orphaned. Isobel however is disarmed completely when she meets Tristan who is the most determined man she has ever met, a man that wants her despite the fact that they are enemies.

My Thoughts 
Seduced by a Highlander is the second installment in the Children Of The Mist by Paula Quinn. I have always enjoyed reading from Paula Quinn, but I have just loved this series so far.... such a great plot twist to the story, with mystery, romance, intrigue, and a intensity about the story. The characters throughout this book were very engaging and have met their match it seems as their interaction with one another is explosive at times, the passion between these two is sizzling. Such a gripping romance that will have you at the edge of your seats...Definitely deserves a 4 1/2 in my book.....such a charming tale with  such well portrayed story that will take you back through time to medieval Scotland......in two words COMPLETELY WONDERFUL!!!

My Favorite Quote 
"Ye are the delight of my heart. I would give up anything for ye; my honor, my kin, my life. I want to take care of ye, provide for ye, hear yer laughter, yer voice every day. I will no' give up until ye are mine, so ye might as well marry me now and save yerself the trouble."

My Grade On This Book 
4.5 Blossoms

Other Books In The Series 
Ravished By A Highlander
Tamed By A Highlander

4 comments:

  1. Paula is my newest upcoming author to watch, so happy you liked this one too Renee! I still think the next one is the one that may be my favorite of the series though when it comes out....

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reviews, you have the similar tastes as I do , I haven't read anything by Paula yet but from what I read , I think I have a new author to add to my growing list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sexy covers. LOL. I recently read a romance with very little bedroom action but plenty of sexual tension. It reminds me that sometimes less can be more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried Paul Quinn before, but this one sounds cool. That was one awesome quote!!

    Would you say this series is a good place to start reading her?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails