Thursday, June 24, 2010

Book Review-Caressed By Ice


Caressed by Ice
Psy-Changeling (3)
Nalini Singh
Berkley
352 Pages
Published September 2007
Paranormal Romance
ISBN: 978-0-425-21842-6

Synopsis:
Nalini Singh explores new heights of sensuality, returning to the world of the Psy -- where two people who know evil intimately must unlock the good within their icy hearts...

As an Arrow, an elite soldier in the Psy Council ranks, Judd Lauren was forced to do terrible things in the name of his people. Now he is a defector, and his dark abilities have made him the most deadly of assassins - cold, pitiless, unfeeling. Until he meets Brenna...

Brenna Shane Kincaid was an innocent before she was abducted - and had her mind violated - by a serial killer. Her sense of evil runs so deep, she fears she could become a killer herself. Then the first dead body is found, victim of a familiar madness. Judd is her only hope, yet her sensual changeling side rebels against the inhuman chill of his personality, even as desire explodes between them. Shocking and raw, their passion is a danger that threatens not only their hearts, but their very lives...


My Review:
Brenna Shane Kincaid, after being kidnapped and tortured by a serial killer, is vulnerable. Brenna has been violated especially by her mind, and she can sense evil very easily. Brenna is one of the Wolf Changelings, but ever since her kidnapping she hasn't been able to shift, only use her claws and teeth. Brenna wonders if she will ever regain her wolf, for she feels lost. Having older brothers, who are very over protective and she want's to have space and freedom back.  Judd Lauren is a elite soldier of the Psy, and now having defecting from the council and the ranks knowing he doesn't want a future of having doing terrible things in the name of the Psy. Having been silenced ( feeling no emotion) he is a cold unfeeling being, however when he meets Brenna he finds his cold nature melting away. Passion and desire ignite between Brenna and Judd, that shock and delight them both. Judd unused to what he is feeling, feels the silence slipping away from him, and desiring the touch of the one woman that fires up his passions. Brenna seeks Judd at first to help her with what has gone on in her mind, however she seeks more with him than just mental assistance. She starts to care for him in a way that she never expected of a Psy. But will their connection and love they find together be strong enough to survive the upcoming dangers that could destroy everything they have built and what they have found in each other?

This was the first book of Nalini Singh that I have read. I wanted to read this Psy-changeling series in order, however since this one came through the library, I might have had to wait weeks, and I wanted to read her books, and I found that even though I wished that I could have read the series in order, I didn't need to. I can usually figure things out pretty fast, and I did with this one. It was a intense love story that mesmerized my senses. Brenna was the kind of heroine that I always love reading, her kind of character creates a kind of conflict that I love reading and enjoying their journey of healing. She has been defiled and treated abominably yet she remains strong, and despite her brother's wanting to protect her. Brenna doesn't want their protection, despite her love for them. The one that she wants protection from is the cold and ruthless Judd. I also enjoyed seeing how despite how cold he is at the beginning, he definitely starts to heat up throughout the rest of the story that captivated my attention. He knows that Brenna needs touch often, so he tries to accommodate her, to help her in her challenges, but Judd never expected to start feeling. I also loved the love scenes between these two characters, definitely heated and timed perfectly throughout the book. I am so glad that I finally was able to get drawn into the world that Nalini Singh has created and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series!!!

My Grade On This Book
4.5 Blossoms

Other Books In The Series
Beat of Temptation
Slave to Sensation
Visions of Heat
Mine to Possess
Hostage to Pleasure
Stroke of Enchantment
Branded by Fire
Blaze of Memory
Bonds of Justice
 Play of Passion



2 comments:

  1. This sounds like something I would really enjoy :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book on my kindle and can't wait to get to it on my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails