Monday, November 8, 2010

Net Galley Book Review-Ten Ways To Be Adored When Landing A Lord

Ten Ways To Be Adored When Landing A Lord
The Ralstons
Sarah MacLean
Avon
357 Pages
Published October 2010
Regency Romance
ISBN: 978-0-0618-5206-0
Synopsis
Since being named one of London’s "Lords to Land" by a popular ladies’ magazine, Nicholas St. John has been relentlessly pursued by every matrimony-minded female in the ton. So when an opportunity to escape fashionable society presents itself, he eagerly jumps—only to land in the path of the most determined, damnably delicious woman he’s ever met!


The daughter of a titled wastrel, Lady Isabel Townsend has too many secrets and too little money. Though used to taking care of herself quite handily, her father’s recent passing has left Isabel at sea and in need of outside help to protect her young brother’s birthright. The sinfully handsome, eminently eligible Lord Nicholas could be the very salvation she seeks.


But the lady must be wary and not do anything reckless...like falling madly, passionately in love.

BOOK REVIEW 

Summary
Nick is asked by his friend to go searching for his sister who has disappeared. So Nick yearning for a escape from London, after being names the most eligible bachelor in a ladies magazine. He finds himself in Yorkshire, England. Isabel Townsend, when in town stumbles across Nick, after he saves her life, and asks him to look at her marble statues, and has a hope that she will be able to sell them for money, because she has to have the funds that she needs. But then Lord Nicholas and his friend, through a twist of fate, find themselve stuck at the manor due to a terrible rainstorm. After sharing a passionate kiss withg the handsome and irresistable Lord Nicholas, Isabel knows that she is in deep deep trouble. Not just for her girls, younger brother, or the manor, but also her heart.

The Hero 
Lord Nicholas St John is a expert on antiquities, now all of London is after him, after being put on a ladies magazine, and is the most sought after bachelor of all London, and more than likely England. But the moment he saves Isabel he finds himself stuck at the manor, his attraction to her increases and he finds her so mysterious, that he must know of all her secrets, and save her from all her folly's since that has always been his weakness, is women in trouble and in need of help and saving. But he is drawn to her because the more he tastes her sweetness, he only aches for more of her.

The Heroine 
Isabel Townsend is the head of Townsend Park, after her father went away never to return, and her mother died shortly after that, she has kept up Townsend with little money. And she is looking for a way to provide for all that are sheltered at Townsend. Including women from all over, who are in need of help in some form. She is also responsible for her younger brother who is ten and is a Lord. However she must also worry about him going to school soon and to protect his birthright. So when she meets Nick, whom is a antiquitter she hopes she can sell her marbles for a large sum which will be enough to provide for all their needs. What she never expected was to fall in love when she vowed never to do so, never wanting to fall in love and then be deserted like her mother was. But fate has a way of turning things around when you least expect it.

My Thoughts
Ten Ways To Be Adored When Landing A Lord is the second installment in the Ralston's series, and a pure delight. I love reading the first one of the series, and I was eager to read Nick's story, and I am so glad that I was able to get my hands on it.This is probably one of my favorite romances of the year! I truly loved everything about this story, it was such a delicious romance, definitely packed with romance, intrigue, a bit of danger, witty humor and passion, what more could a girl ask for right? I truly loved all the characters involved in the story, as well as the plot for the story. There were moments that made me laugh, moments that made me wonder, be surprised and even cry at the end. I have no complaints as far as this one goes, defnitely one I would consider buying to put on my shelves to re read as much as I would like. I have truly enjoyed reading from this author, and is at the top of the ladder when it comes to well written and riveting historical romances!

My Favorite Quote
"Only that you would do well to tell me the truth about your situation. I'm bound to discover it soon enough"

My Grade On This Book 
5 Blossoms

Other Books In The Series
Nine Rules To Break When Romancing A Rake
Eleven Scandals To Start When Winning A Duke's Heart


3 comments:

  1. Wow, this one sounds amazing! I already wanted to read it & now I want even more ;) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! It sounds cute!
    I read First book and it was okay but I didn't love it, this one sounds better so I hope to like it better when I get my paws on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous that you got a copy of this book! My husband put his foot down about buying more books until my TBR pile is less intimidating!! So.....I'm reading, reading, reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails