Saturday, January 31, 2015

Book Review-Sweet Enemy by Heather Snow

Title: Sweet Enemy 
Author: Heather Snow 
Series: Veiled Seduction 
Format: Paperback 
Publisher: Signet Eclipse 
Release Date: February 7 2012 
Pages:359
Acquired: Library 
Genre: Regency Historical Romance 
ISBN: 978-0-451-23610-4












Blurb
Geoffrey Wentworth, the Earl of Stratford, is a war hero focused on affairs of king and country rather than affairs of the heart. Nevertheless, his mother is playing matchmaker and has invited potential brides to visit the family estate. Geoffrey resigns himself to playing host to a gaggle of husband-hunters more interested in his title than in him—until he unexpectedly meets one notable and intriguing exception.

Miss Liliana Claremont has no interest in being an earl’s wife, least of all Wentworth’s—the son of the man she believes murdered her father. Liliana is determined to find evidence of the crime, but her behavior rouses the earl’s suspicions as well as her own undeniable attraction to a man she thought was her enemy. As Geoffrey and Liliana explore their growing passion for one another, the truth behind their fathers’ enmity threatens to destroy their newfound love…

My Review


Geoffrey, the Earl of Stratford, is a military man, and ever since the war ended, has been looking for a way to get a bill passed, that would allow those brave soldiers to find jobs and have a safe place to live other than the streets. When he learns that his mother has planned a country house party, under his name, to find him a bride…he is furious. He refuses to marry yet, there is so much he needs to do and the last thing he needs is a woman he could never love or trust. Liliana Claremont, despite the pretenses, is not looking for a husband. Her father was murdered, and she believes the answers to his death will be found at Stratford. When she meets Geoffrey, and they become friends, her heart begins to soften toward him, but will the truth behind their father’s death destroy the love they have or fortify it?

I was very impressed with Sweet Enemy, so much so that I couldn’t put this down and read it all this morning. Heather Snow is a new author for me, and I have really given her much thought until now. I have seen some rating and reviews here or there, but when I saw it available at my library, I jumped at the chance to try this author out, and I am so glad that I did. If her other books weren’t at my library, I would buy them, I loved this book that much. Heather Snow has risen to the top of my author list, especially when it comes to Regency Romance. Of late, I have become a bit bored with that genre, since it tends to be over done at times. But Snow wrote a story that utterly captivated me from the first page.
The story begins with Liliana searching for any clues to her father’s death. Liliana (and what a pretty name), is smart, she is a scientist and a healer, and like her parents, wants to make a difference in the world, to honor them and their memory. She never expects marriage out of her life, because she only wants true love and trust, and most men shy away from her brains. Geoffrey, is a war hero, suffering from a back injury, a man driven to help those that fought for their country and came back to be sent to the streets. We have a love story that begins with friendship, and working together, to a passionate love affair, where desire drives them, and love is at the center. 

This story was so well done, and cheers for Heather Snow and her research. She cultivates this story with such wit and intelligence, with depth and she molds a love story that will endear you forever. I am sure I will remember this couple for quite a long time. I found the characters enchanting, and their love story was poignant, sensual and stimulating. A breathtaking new storyteller that is guaranteed to hold your heart!! A TRUE TREASURE OF A ROMANCE!!

My Rating

5 Blossoms

Heat Level

Warm

Series Order

Sweet Enemy (1)

Sweet Deception (2)

Sweet Madness (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails