Monday, January 26, 2015

Book Review-Why Lords Lose Their Hearts by Manda Collins

Title: Why Lords Lose Their Hearts 
Author: Manda Collins 
Series: Wicked Widows 
Format: Paperback 
Release Date: July 29 2014 
Publisher: St. Martins Paperback 
Pages: 305 
Genre: Regency Historical Romance 












Blurb
The Truth Could Ruin Her

Perdita, the widowed Duchess of Ormond, keeps a dangerous secret—the truth of how her brutish husband died. But a mysterious avenger seems to know it, too, and when anonymous threats turn into public attacks, there’s only one friend she can turn to for help—her husband’s former secretary, Lord Archer Lisle. The man who witnessed her every heartache. The kind of man whose love she can only dream of…

Will His Love Save Her?

The youngest of the Duke of Pemberton’s five sons, Lord Archer Lisle is used to waiting his turn. For years, he could only stand by, seething, as Perdita suffered at the hands of her husband, but now she’s under threat from another source—one who will stop at nothing to make her pay for the late duke’s death. But the good-natured Archer can be dangerous when crossed—and he’ll do anything to keep the woman he’s adored for so long safe in his arms…

My Review


Lord Archer Lisle, is the youngest of five sons, and has to work for a living. But there is one reason he has stayed at the same position, even though it was a fun job to begin with, Perdita. Perdita is the widowed Duchess of Ormand, has suffered from an abusive marriage, but when it defending her life, her husband is killed, she knew that this secret must never get out, for there is only a few that know; her family and Archer. She has always felt a kinship toward Archer, and now that she is free from her husband, the last thing she needs is entering a marriage with her heart involved. She doesn’t believe that she can trust her own judgment, and when Archer starts to be a bit more progressive in relaying his true feelings for her, Perdita has no idea how to handle these feelings inside of her, but when a danger threatens her, and she is constantly having her life put at risk, Archer decides to take action and protect the woman he loves at all costs, even risking the anger and wrath of the Duchess herself. But will they be able to resolve matters of the heart before the danger closes around them and threatens to destroy everything…

Why Lords Lose Their Hearts is the third and last installment of the series. And oh my have I had such a fun time with this author. Don’t you just love it when you discover an author and every book you read is better than the last? Well that is how I feel about Manda Collins, I just can’t get enough of her. Now this is the last installment of the Wicked Widows trilogy, but don’t look so sad guys….because I have great news; she has an upcoming series, the Lords of Anarchy which are closely related to this book. Which I am super excited for, since in this book, we see four other unattached brothers….oooh I just can’t wait. This family was a jolly good fun, and I just wanted to jump in the pages and join in the circus. Despite the fact that they are all grown men, they still act like five year old. The teasing and gestures, and oh boy, the parents sure had their hands full with these boys. 

The story is enchanting and oh I just love the writing style of Manda Collins. It’s the type of writing style that has you hooked from the beginning, and I am amazed that I just discovered this author last year…I should get grounded or something….LOL…but I have repented of my grave sins, and Collins is at the top of my reading list from now on. The story itself is at first seems to be predictable, but that is far from the case. This plot went different ways and led me on a merry chase, with a couple of adventures, sensual engagements, and a suspenseful element that added even more depth to the story. The character development were done pretty well, and I love the strength and passion of these two, they complimented each other so well, and you see what a spark they have from the beginning of the story. 

Overall a story that had me enthralled from the first page, a story to enchant, mystify and captivate!! A story with flair and beautifully drawn characters….a book you don’t want to miss! And that cover: just gorgeous, I love pink and you don't see that color as much, so I always love it and that pose is delectable...I could eat the hero up. :) A SPARKLING GEM!!

My Rating

5 Blossoms

Heat Level

Warm

Series Order
Why Dukes Say I Do (1)
Why Earls Fall In Love (2)
Why Lords Lose Their Hearts (3)
Once Upon A Christmas Kiss (3.5)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails