Thursday, April 25, 2013

Book Review-A Howl For A Highlander

A Howl For A Highlander
Heart of the Wolf (10)
Terry Spear
Sourcebooks
Mass Market Paperback
Published February 2013
337 Pages
Shifter Romance
ISBN: 978-1-4022-5893-0
Author's Website
Synopsis
A Highland Wolf on a Mission...

Duncan MacNeill is hell-bent on catching the thief who's stolen the clan's fortune and run off to Grand Cayman Island. Duncan has rarely left his homeland and he couldn't care less about an island paradise. He never expected to find a beautiful distraction who will show him just how appealing paradise can be...

Meets a Dangerous Distraction...

Lone wolf and botanist Shelley Campbell headed to the island to study the old growth forests. She didn't count on meeting a handsome Highlander who can't keep his paws off her.
My Review

Summary 
Duncan Macneill has come to the Island to find the man who stole his people's fortune, bring the man to justice and return home. Duncan doesn't want to let anything get in way of his goal...until he meets an American she wolf who tempts him with pleasure. Duncan can't seem to resist her beauty or enchanting personality that ties him up in knots. Shelley, is a professor and has come to the island to do some research on the forests and the plants there. When she runs into Duncan, a sexy highlander and a tempting wolf, she knows she is in trouble. Her family has despised highlanders since centuries ago they were kicked off their land, and now reside in Texas. When circumstances force her to become roommate with Duncan, she knows she won't be able to resist him for long. As Shelley pursues a intimate relationship, she finds herself wanting more than just a casual relationship, she wants Duncan for life as her mate. But when danger comes lurking about, and threatens them both, it will take Duncan and Shelley working together to defeat the enemy that is trying to wipe them out.

My Thoughts 
When I first started this series, I just fell madly in love with it. There is just something so irresistable about wolf shifters plus add sizzling romance, and you will have me hooked for life. I always know that when I pick up Terry Spear that I will just love her stories from the first moment. As I have read more and more books from this series, I have just come to see that the books just keep getting better and better.

And anyone who knows me, and well, knows that when you mix sexy highlanders with wolf shifters----you know I won't be able to resist reading it for anything. So when I saw this book on the library shelf, which is only a couple months old, I snatched it up before anyone else could. LOL The story picks up within the first few pages of Duncan and Shelley seeing each other at the airport for the first time on the island. Then Duncan being the highland wolf that he is who can't resist a beautiful face, is intrigued by Shelley and he can't seem to resist her. Even though throughout the story we see Duncan's determination to return the money that belongs to his clan, he also doesn't want to give Shelley up. I found their romance to flow pretty easily, and it wasn't too quick or too slow, it felt perfectly right. There were quite a few of some fun scenes in the water, where I WISH I could have traded places with Shelley in a heartbeat. There was also a medium sized conflict that turns into a bigger one, but I felt like it maintained a balance with the rest of the story. There was also such a steamy chemistry between Shelley and Duncan. Such an intriguing plot that was formed, and I felt like it was a easy to get into it, and didn't have any major con's that would keep me from reading and enjoying it.

For sure to put this on the Keeper Shelf!!! I can't wait for the next one in the series, and I do hope this author does the other brothers too--they are just too yummy not to!! :) UTTERLY SATISFYING!!

First Line 
Newly arrived on Grand Caymon Island with a carry on bag slung over his shoulder and wearing black jeans, a black T-shirt, and black boots--his usual attire when in his commando warrior mode--Duncan MacNeill was ready to locate and deal as harshly as need to with Salisbury Silverman, the American gray wolf most knew as Sal. 

Favorite Quote 
"Ah, lass, now what would a Highlander be doing swinging from vines like an ape man? I would be riding my horse, swinging my claymore at yonder enemy, and then I'd slip you into my saddle and ride off with you."

My Grade 
4 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Steamy 

Other Books In Series 
Heart of the Wolf
Destiny of the Wolf
Tempting the Wolf
Legend of the White Wolf
Seduced by the Wolf
Wolf Fever
Heart of the Highland Wolf 
Dreaming of the wolf
A Highland Wolf Wedding
A SEAL Wolf Christmas
Silence Of The Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails