Friday, June 7, 2013

Book Review-It's Always Been You

It's Always Been You
York Family (2)
Victoria Dahl
Zebra
Mass Market Paperback
Published August 2011
343 Pages
Regency Historical Romance
ISBN: 978-1-4201-0484-4
Author's Website
Synopsis 
ONCE SHE SLIPPED THROUGH HIS FINGERS…

Aidan York has spent ten years mourning the woman he once loved and lost. He’s filled the void in the only way he knows - by distracting himself with wild behavior and scandalous trysts. It’s a hollow existence, but it dulls the pain. Until the day he encounters a ghost: the woman he thought drowned at sea, alive and as enchanting as ever…

NOW HE’LL KEEP HER IN HIS ARMS…

When Kate Hamilton sees the man she once hoped to spend her life with, she is hit with a storm of memories and longing. But though resisting Aidan’s passion proves impossible, Kate must try not to love him all over again. For her seemingly quiet London life shields a dangerous secret, one that will catch up to her the moment she lets herself fall…
My Review 

This is the first that I have read from this author. I have heard some amazing things about her books. I wasn't sure if I wanted to try out her contemporaries, but when I read the synopsis of Its Always Been You, I was intrigued. I knew I had to try this author out, and as a plus the cover is so pretty, and is what drew me to the book in the first place. I was thrilled to find that I truly enjoyed Dahl's style. It was fun to see how this certain conflict plays out. 

Aidan still feels the loss of the one woman who held his heart, ten years ago. But they were unable to marry, and despite his determination, her family sent her on a ship, and she died on route. At first he didn't know how to deal with her deal, but found a way to cope. He has just existed for years, until one morning while taking a walk through the village in the countryside where he is concluding some business; he sees Katie once again and he feels like he is seeing a ghost. He is bewildered why she never contacted him if she has been alive all of this time. Kate thought that Aiden no longer cared for her, and was using her, and then her parents forced her to marry a stranger, and she has come back to England, to have a fresh start, and to live out her life in her homeland. However she never thought that she would encounter Aiden. She knows that she must not reveal to anyone her secrets or that she is in England. She fears what Aiden will do if he were to ever find out the truth. Aiden is relentless in his pursuit of her, and Katie finds herself aching to open herself up to him again and wonders if they could ever have a future together.  

Aiden is a very stimulating character. He is overly stubborn, and on the surface seems almost perfect, but he does have flaws. I loved how these flaws made him seem so much more human and vividly real to me. Aiden is beyond sexiness and I found myself almost drooling whenever he asserted himself. I enjoyed how this characters, didn't shy away from his feelings. He didn't deny his love for Katie, but ended up pursuing her until he learned the truth about her. I loved seeing how sweet and devoted he was to her, but still had Alpha attributes to make you feel weak in the knees.  Katie is a tormented heroine, she has some flaws, but you understand why she does the things she does. I felt that she was justified in what she did, and when you find out the truth, you understand her motivations. It was a ball of fun to see these two interact, fireworks exploding....sums it up!!

After reading Its Always Been you, I fell in love with Victoria Dahl. She is just amazing. I can't believe I haven't read her other books before, especially since she has written some other historical's. I found that her writing is the style that arouses your senses and plays with your emotions. A full fledged romance that gets your heart to pick up the tempo. A story line that is always one step ahead of the reader. A fun and sweet romance that will entice you for more!! 

First Line 
"Thank you, Mr. York. It's been a pleasure, sir. A pleasure."

Favorite Quote 
She wanted, feared, knew he was going to kiss her. The softest touch of warm breath caressed her lips and then it was him, his mouth, his lips against hers....

My Grade 
4 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Warm

Other Books In Series 
A Little Bit Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails