Friday, May 13, 2011

Book Review-I Kissed An Earl

I Kissed An Earl
Pennyroyal Greens (4)
Julie Anne Long
Avon
Paperback
370 Pages
Published July 2010
Nautical Historical Romance
ISBN: 978-0-06-188566-2
Synopsis
Violet Redmond's family and fortune might be formidable and her beauty and wit matchless—but her infamous flare for mischief keeps all but the most lionhearted suitors at bay. Only Violet knows what will assuage her restlessness: a man who doesn't bore her to tears, and a clue to the fate of her missing brother. She never dreamed she'd find both with a man whose own pedigree is far from impeccable.

"Savage" is what the women of the ton whisper about the newly styled Earl of Ardmay—albeit with shivers of pleasure. Born an English bastard, raised on the high seas, he's on a mission to capture a notorious pirate for vengeance. But while Violet's belief in her brother's innocence maddens him, her courage awes him . . . and her sensuality finally undoes him. Now the man who once lost everything and the girl who has everything to lose are bound by a passion that could either end in betrayal . . . or become everything they ever dreamed.

  
MY REVIEW
Summary:
Violet Redmond, even though she loves her family, tends to feel smothered too much by them, so aching for adventures, she secretly boards a ship in search of her missing brother who is rumored to be a pirate and one who has been sinking ships and taking cargo. Unwilling to believe that her brother would harm innocent people, so goes in search for him, however the Captain of the ship that she is on is hunting this notorious pirate for vengeance since once of his friends was killed by him. The Earl of Ardmay, is furious that this woman could be so courageous and formidable at times, and feisty as hell. So they engage in betting against one another, and before either of them realize it, desire flares up quite like a fire to kindling, and must learn to trust in each other before they lose each other….

The Hero (Lavay, Earl of Ardmay)
Lavay, born a bastard, but was raised on a ship, is now a captain, and upon hearing of a pirate sinking ships, and killing his friend, he has made a vow for justice and has promised to get his vengeance. However a spunky  young woman may just ruin everything, for she intends on saving her brother, but the passion he feels for her starts to grow to love and Lavay wonders if he will have to choose between duty and love.

The Heroine (Violet Redmond)
Violet, loves her family dearly, but has never felt a true part of them. She years for excitement and adventure, and when she hears a rumor about a notorious pirate, she has a feeling that pirate is her older brother, who left England years ago and hasn’t been heard from since. Violet, on a whim, decides to sneak aboard a ship, convinces the captain, through her own kind of smarts, that she must at least go his direction, since she knows he is after her brother, which she is wanting to prove his innocence. Violet, has never had a taste of passion, but from the first moment she encounters Lavay, she knows that it could be her undoing, and she might have to choose between the love of her family and the love of her heart, body and soul.

My Thoughts
I Kissed An Earl is the fourth installment in the Pennyroyal Greens series by Julie Anne Long. I have recently this past year discovered this author, and I have just loved each of her books that she has written (even though its only been a few so far) I just read this so fast that my head spin, I was so caught up in the story and the entertaining characters that had me laughing through most of it. There was such a witty side to the story, even though the plot there wasn’t much except toward the end, it was their interaction with each other that made it far from dull, and a fun and warm love story!!! Although far from my favorite read, it did make me smile, laugh, and feel contentment at the end!!!

My Favorite Quote
I am captain of The Fortuna I have a great responsibility to my men and now to the bloody King of England.  My fortunes are dwindling. My reputation and my entire future rest upon my success in capturing this pirate for bounty. And yet..I cannot sleep at night for wanting you,”

My Grade On This Book 
4 Blossoms

Other Books In The Series 
The Perils Of Pleasure
Like No Other Lover
Since The Surrender
What I Did For A Duke 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails