Thursday, October 24, 2013

Short Book Review-In Over Her Head

In Over Her Head
Tritone Trilogy (1)
Judi Fennell
Sourcebooks
E Book
Published June 2009
343 Pages
Paranormal Romance
ISBN:  9781402220012
Authors Website 
Synopsis
He lives under the sea...
Reel Tritone is the rebellious royal second son of the ruler of a vast undersea kingdom, and he's always been fascinated by humans...

She's terrified of the ocean...
Marina owner Erica Peck would never go swimming willingly--but she's forced into the water and is nearly eaten by a shark. Luckily Reel is nearby to save her, and he discovers she's the woman he's been searching for...

Before she knows it, Erica is off with Reel on a wild underwater adventure to recover a stolen treasure, battle a jealous sea monster, and, of course, defy a death edict from the kingdom's high court. But even if they make it through their madcap mission alive, can they find a way to stay together when she hates the water and he can't survive on land?
My Review

In Over Her Head is the first book in the Tritone Trilogy. I came across this title on Goodreads, and once I read the synopsis, I bought the ebook for it. It definitely sounded like something I would love. Having read in under 24 hours, I would have to say it was a wise decision in buying this one. I can hardly wait to read the rest of the series. It has been a long time since I have read a mermaid themed based story. It starts out with Reel saving Erica from being killed, and before Erica realizes it, she has no choice but to join him along a adventure of a lifetime. Even though Erica is scared to death of water, the reader sees a courageous woman. Reel is a bit of a rebellious sort, being the second son of the royal line, he believes himself to be of no consequence to his family. I found Reel to be a charmer, definitely a womanizer of the waters. My heart went out to him though, I loved how accepting he was of the circumstances he was put in. One of my least favorite things was how Erica didn't fully accept Reel for what he was. She seemed to be a bit selfish wanting only Reel with his legs and not his fin. Frankly I would have taken him any way I could have him (LOL). A solid romance story, with excitment and adventure and the magic of the sea thrown into the mix. A enjoyable story, even though I am not sure if I liked the ending very much, but I felt the story was flowing and had a certain fun charm to it. Looking forward to reading more from this author!! :)

My Grade 
4 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Warm

Other Books In Series 
Wild Blue Under
Catch of a Lifetime

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails