Thursday, January 2, 2014

Book Review-Breaking Point

Breaking Point
I Team (5)
Pamela Clare
Berkley Sensation
E Book
Published May 2011
355 Pages
Romantic Suspense Contemporary
ISBN:  9780425240519
Authors Website 
Synopsis
While investigating border violence in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, Denver journalist Natalie Benoit is caught in a bloody ambush and taken captive. Alone in the hands of ruthless killers, she will need every ounce of courage she possesses to survive.

Betrayed by another operative, Deputy U.S. Marshal Zach McBride has endured a week of torture and interrogation at the hands of a bloodthirsty Mexican drug cartel. Ready to give his life if he must, he remains unbroken—until he hears the cries of an American woman.

Although Natalie is only a voice in the darkness of their shared prison, her plight brings renewed strength to Zach's battered body. With her help, he overpowers their captors, and they flee through the desert toward the border, the attraction between them flaring hotter than the Sonoran sun.

But past loss and tragedy leave both of them reluctant to follow their hearts, even when the passion between them reaches its breaking point. Faced with feelings neither expected, they fight to stay ahead of the danger that hunts them as forces more powerful than they can imagine conspire to destroy them both…
My Review 

Natalie a journalist, goes down to Mexico, to investigate issues with a school, but her party is attacked by a drug cartel, and is kidnapped and put in a dark cell with sorts of insects and her fear of small places escalates, but a calm voice in the dark, settles her and she knows she needs to think of a way to escape if she wants to survive. Zach, a SEAL, has been a captive of the Drug Cartel, when he gets betrayed by his informant. For the past six days he has been tortured, and he knows he will soon be killed. But when he hears a woman's voice in the cell next to his, he stays strong for her sake. Then Natalie and Zach find a way to escape, and they flee the cartel, and Zach uses everything he knows to keep Natalie alive. As they are on the run in the deadly desert, with all manner of dangers, a sizzling chemistry erupts between Zach and Natalie. The enemy that is after Zach and Natalie, will do everything in his power to destroy them, no matter the cost. Will Zach and Natalie be able to survive,,,

I was able to win a copy of Breaking Point in a giveaway, and I was thrilled. It was a while ago, and I can't believe that its taken me this long to read this. I have read Clare's historicals (which I recommend), so I have been curious to see how her romantic suspense series would turn out. Even though this is the fifth installment, I never felt lost or out of place too much. Although I do want to read the earlier books now after reading Breaking Point. Breaking Point has a very intense beginning that sweeps you away right from the first moment. There is not one dull moment in this story.  There were so many things that I just adored about this story. It has been quite some time since I enjoyed a contemporary so much. I tend to be a bit picky about them at times. Breaking Point begins with Zach and Natalie being thrown together trying to escape and survive in Mexico, with not knowing who to trust.

Zach has a dark past, one that haunts him, one where he blames himself, and suffers horrible nightmares. Despite the torture he has suffered, Zach is still the strong image of a Navy SEAL, however I loved seeing the vulnerability that we eventually see from him. You feel a kinship to him, and when you learn of his past, your heart just goes out to him instantly. Zach is very Alpha Male if there ever was one, has a commanding presence and takes control of every situation. In the beginning we see Natalie being kidnapped and seeing one of her closest friends being killed, so we see her vulnerability from the beginning. However you see how strong she is, and I am pretty sure I wouldn't have to courage to do what Natalie did. Even though she is afraid and knows she will probably die, she throws caution to the wind, and just fights back and I loved that about her. She is one of my favorite heroine, she is tenacious, strong willed and passionate about everything she does. Seeing Zach and Natalie together, is such a sweet experience. There is definitely enough desire to go around to put the desert to fire, but I also enjoyed seeing their emotional connection grow as well.

Overall a thrilling romance that will set your teeth on edge in excitement and anticipation. It will rock your socks off!!! I am addicted to this suspense I team series, and I can't wait to read the others in the series, especially if they are even close to how good this one was!!! A amazing story of danger, adventure, intrigue, and passion and a love story to ignite the flames!!  REMARKABLE AND IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT DOWN!!!

First Line 
Natalie Benoit watched the streets of Ciudad Juarez roll by outside the bus window, wishing the driver would turn up the air conditioning.

Favorite Quote 
When I realized I was going to die, the only thing I could think about was you and what an idiot I’d been for not telling you how I felt about you. I think I’ve loved you from the moment you lifted that awful blindfold off my face. I opened my eyes, and there you were, the bravest, most beautiful woman I’ve ever known. You set me free Natalie. In so many ways, you set me free

My Grade 
5 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Steamy

Other Books In Series 
Extreme Exposure
Hard Evidence
Unlawful Contact
Naked Edge
Skin Deep
First Strike
Striking Distance

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails