Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Short Book Review-My Lord Vampire

My Lord Vampire
Immortal Rogues (1)
Alexandra Ivy
Zebra
Mass Market Paperback
Published February 2012
313 Pages
Vampire Historical Romance
ISBN 1420122711
Authors Website 
Synopsis
While the ton dances and gossips, another kind of society altogether claims the London night as its own. By the light of the moon, three noble vampires entrusted with the protection of their kind will discover that human desire is far from lost to them--and that love may be the only thing they long for more than life everlasting...

MIDNIGHT KISS
When an old gypsy woman gives Sally Jenkins a mysterious amulet--promising much happiness if she safeguards it, and doom if she gives it to another--Sally is intrigued. Born on the wrong side of the coverlet, and currently her half-sister's drudge, Sally has never had anything of value to call her own.

Then a tragic carriage accident in route to London suddenly presents Sally with the chance to live her near twin's life. Masquerading as Simone Gilbert, Sally is soon the toast of the ton, hosting dazzling parties and cozy salons--and the object of two men's dogged courtship.

Sally senses a dangerous hunger beneath Tristan Soltern's smooth-mannered interest that repulses her, but she is drawn to elegant, black-eyed Gideon Ravel--and tempted to prove to him that she is exactly what she seems.

It's a risky game--especially when she discovers that Gideon himself is something other than the refined gentleman she believes him to be, something far more dangerous and unbearably seductive...
My Review
This is a new author for me, and her books have been on my wishlist for quite some time now. So when I saw that My Lord Vampire was in my local library, I decided to try this one out, especially since it is the first installment in the series. One of my favorite things that I enjoyed about this one, is that not only is a paranormal themed romance, but it is set in a historical setting. Now anyone who even knows my favorite types of books are Historical's. So My Lord Vampire was a delightful surprise for me. I found myself being captivated by this story. I will say that it started out a bit slow, and at first I didn't know if I would like the heroine or not. She seemed to be a bit of a snob at first, but as the story slowly progresses we see that she is anything but. I enjoyed seeing this couple first interaction....and second, third and fourth. LOL There was instant sparks, and I swear, despite the hot hot summer we are having, I almost felt like I was on fire. Such sizzling compatibility that Tristan and Simone had. There is quite a bit of a intense and mysterious aspect to the story that only added to the romance even more. I will say that I can't wait to read more from this author, I don't know why it has taken me so long to read her before now, however her books are going to be bumped up my list. A thrilling tale of passion, adventure and intensity bound to curl your toes.

My Grade 
4 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Steamy

Other Books In Series 
My Lord Eternity
My Lord Immortality 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails