Monday, March 5, 2012

Book Review-Heart Dance

Heart Dance
Celta's Heartmates (6)
Robin D. Owens
Berkley Sensation
Paperback
Published July 2007
325 Pages
Science Fiction Fantasy Romance
ISBN 978-0-425-22221-8
Synopsis
DuFleur Thyme is a scientist who's secretly experimenting with time. She'll allow no distractions from her work-not even from a HeartMate. Meanwhile, Saille T'Willow has sent his HeartGift out into the world in hopes of finding his HeartMate, who, it turns out, is DuFleur. Still, DuFleur wants nothing to do with Saille, especially when she discovers that it was his grandmother who brought about her father's ruin. Unfortunately, her body can't help but submit to the passion he stirs in her. But when a scandal threatens Saille's position as head of the family, will DuFleur stand by his side?

Summary:
Dufleur is determined to win her father's good name back, Once she lost her father it seemed as if she lost a part of herself but now experimenting with time, which is her flair, she doesn't plan on Saille T'Willow to ruin everything or to give in to being his heart mate. Saille, knows who his heart mate is, Dufleur, and he knows it won't be easy to win her over especially after what his grandmother did to her family. However now that he is head of his family now, he plans on making changes, positive ones, and he hopes to reverse as much damage as he can including the damage against his heartmate, with the hope that she may love him and accept him and trust in him...

The Hero (Saille T'Willow)
Most of his life, Saille was sent away by the head of the family, however since she is practically on life support now, he has assumed his place as head of the family, and he finds out that his heartmate has been hidden from him all of this time, as with other members of his family, and now will win her over, no matter what it takes.

The Heroine (Dufleur Thyme)
Dufleur, has never felt like a true part of her family, except for her flair, which is being able to work with time, and ever since her father was killed, and experimenting with time was outlawed, she practices her flair in secret, knowing that she must prove her father's innocence. But when finds out that a willow is her heartmate, she doesn't ever plan on accepting his gift, especially after what his family did to hers. However she can't deny the passion or the connection she feels coursing through her body.

My Thoughts 
Heart Dance was a fantastic read, and its been a while since I have read a science fiction fantasy romance, but when I discovered this series, I just knew I had to try it out. Heart Dance is the sixth installment and even though its in the middle of the series I didn't feel lost or anything, Owens portrayed this world that she created very well, with vivid description that it almost felt like I was there. The only problem I had with Heart Dance would be that the flow seemed choppy at times, so I think if it had just run a bit more smoothly, that it would have been have a fantastic read. Overall it was still a wonderful read with enough conflict, romance, magic and a powerful story that will just leave you wanting for more.

My Grade On This Book 
4 Blossoms

Other Books In The Series 
 Heart Mate
Heart Thief
Heart Duel
Heart Choice
Heart Quest
Heart Fate
Heart Change
Heart Journey
Heart Search
Heart and Swords

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I Was a little lost when reading the description but I guess that it would make sense if I were to read this book.

    It sounds very interesting, though I Rarely read fantasy and futuristic stuff :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review--I read this one a few years back and enjoyed it (4 stars as well). I still haven't read the others in the series (like you, I picked this one up first) but I do have them on my list.

    Enjoy!
    TBQ
    TBQ's Book Palace

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails