Friday, February 28, 2014

ARC Book Review-Sun God Seeks...Surrogate?

Sun God Seeks...Surrogate
Accidently Yours (3)
Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
Forever-Grand Central Publishing
E Book
Published February 2014
300 Pages
Paranormal Romance
ISBN:  9780615679655
Synopsis
 A Deal from Heaven

Living in New York City, Penelope Trudeau has seen a lot of weird stuff-but nothing like the insane redhead who accosts her with a wild proposition. Penelope will get a million dollars if she has a baby with the strange woman's brother. With her mother dying from a mysterious disease, Penelope can use the money. Yet the terrified waitress is adamant that her womb and eggs are not for sale . . . until she meets her intended mate. He's impressively built, gorgeous, and red-hot, literally. He's a freaking immortal Sun God.

For thousands of years, Kinich (Nick to his friends) didn't believe in fraternizing with humans, so procreating with them is definitely a no-no. But after one sizzling encounter with the beautiful, passionate Penelope, Nick begins to think he was wrong . . . until he realizes meeting Penelope was just another one of his crazy sister's schemes at manipulation. But now that he has Penelope in his life, he can't let her go. Especially because doing so means throwing her into the hands of his dangerous enemies.
My Review

Penelope is approached by the strangest craziest woman known...Cimil. Cimil offers Penelope a proposition, she will give her a million dollars in exchange for having her brothers baby. At first Penelope feels outraged, but with working to pay off her mothers medical bills, and trying to save up to go to college, she doesn't know what it would hurt to meet the man she is supposed to have a baby with. When she first meets Kinich, her senses go into overload, and she knows the heat alone that flares between them from across a crowded room, she knows they would no problem making a baby right? Kinish is a powerful god, the sun god. He has lived for thousands of years, but he believes in never socializing with humans, as it leads to consequences he would rather avoid. But then he realizes that this sensual beautiful woman is everything he could ever dream of. She starts to teach him of the beauty of living. But a war is coming, and his enemies threaten to destroy everything good and pure, including the one woman who has stolen his heart.

For a year or so I have been watching this series pop up, and I have been curious on reading these books. So when I was able to obtain a copy of this ARC, I couldn't wait to pick it up. Even though the e book was published in 2012, the mass market paperback was released a couple of days ago. So another E book format was released as well. I have heard pros and cons to these books, but I think after reading the first chapter I was hooked, completely. I was so drawn into this story, I couldn't put it down, and I read it all this morning. WOWZERS!!! That is all I wish to say because I don't believe my review will do this book justice. I was so shocked in how much I enjoyed it. I wasn't even expecting anything as close to what this book was packed with. As I was in the process of reading it, I could barely contain my excitement of this story, characters and a plot that thickens with each chapter. With each page turn, I found myself mystified and intrigued by the continuous change of events, and how when I thought I had the story figured out, something would change and it would blow my mind away!!

The characters in this book are phenomenal and I loved every one of them. Penelope is endearing and charming and a fighter and I LOVED her. She has spunk and intuinity, and a sense of adventure and her personality is very bold even though it doesn't seem like it at the beginning. You see a transformation of her character in a subtle but progressive way. Now Kinich I think I had a harder time liking. He is everything you would like in a alpha male stereotype, but he took some getting used to. His character is a bit more harsh and unapproachable at times. But as I progressed further into the story, he started to become more endearing to me. We see other side characters, and couples from the previous books (so I am aching to read their stories too.). The intimate scenes between Kinich and Penelope were blazing at times. They so have a fire buildup of chemistry, but there wasn't quite as much focus on the romantic relationship. There was some, and you see more of it through the later half. There is also much more going on in this story than just a simple romance, there is a few complex issues that come up and it built up the plot that only engaged the reader even more.

Overall a sexy paranormal romance with steamy scenes, a thrilling plot, plenty of action, mystery and romance. BREATHTAKING!!!

My Grade 
5 Blossoms

Heat Rating
Steamy

Other Books In Series 
Accidently in Love with a ...god?
Accidently Married To A...Vampire
Accidently...Evil?
Vampires Need Not...Apply?
Accidently...Camil?
Accidently.. Over?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails