Monday, March 3, 2014

Book Review- The Angel In My Arms

The Angel In My Arms
Regency Rogues (2)
Stefanie Sloane
Ballantine Books
Paperback
Published July 2011
286 Pages
Regency Historical Romance
ISBN: 978-0-345-51740-1
Authors Website
Synopsis
In Stefanie Sloane's spirited and witty new series of intrigue and passion, a dedicated spy learns the meaning of surrender.

To Young Corinthian agent Marcus MacInnes, the Earl of Weston, his latest mission involving a smuggling ring with ties to Napoleon seems ridiculous at first, but becomes all too threatening as pieces of the puzzle begin to fall into place. And the most troubling piece of all? Miss Sarah Tisdale, an unconventional beauty whose lust for life is rivaled only by her ability to drive Marcus to distraction. When her family comes under suspicion, Marcus must watch her very closely -- even if her touch ignites the fiery desire burning beneath his cool facade.

When it comes to suitors, Sarah's lush curves and kissable lips aren't enough to compensate for her willful nature. She's tasted disappointment before, but flirting with the sinfully handsome Marcus is a pastime worth savoring -- even when it leads to wicked pleasures. When Sarah's life is in jeopardy, Marcus discovers that the passion between them can no longer be denied -- and he'll do anything to keep her in his arms.
My Review

The Angel In My Arms is the second book in the Regency Rogues Series. After enjoying the first one, I was very excited to get started on this story. The Angel In My Arms is where we get to know the rogue "Marcus". Marcus has recently become injured so his commanding officer sends him to his country home, to investigate the smuggling operation there and that it might be related to Napoleon. In the beginning Marcus is doubtful that there is any real mission, but when a young boy ends up murdered, he ends up being drawn into a plot much bigger than himself. Sarah has settled in her life, knowing she won't marry and is content with that. When she keeps encountering Marcus, the Earl of Weston, she doesn't want to give into the visible attraction that is between them. As she becomes his partner in discovering the secrets behind the smuggling operation, she learns that the love she has for Marcus is about to be tested, and in ways she could never imagine. Will their love hold true or falter?

The Angel In My Arms is a fascinating tale of espionage and thrills and mystery. I personally love a good mystery, especially when it surprises me. So I was going into this story not expecting such a thrill as I came out finishing from. I did feel like it started a bit slow and took a little while to pick up pace, but once it did boy did I fly through this story. Espionage is one of my all time favorite sub genres to the Regency Era genre. So I love something that definitely gets me at the edge of my seat. Especially in the later half of the book did it really pick up speed and I could barely keep up with my eyes reading the pages as fast I could turn them. The romance is medium well developed, I felt like there could have been more, but I am not one to complain about a good mystery that engages the reader. Overall I would say this would be a satisfying and engaging read with heart stopping moments to put your teeth at edge, and your emotions on high alert!! Be warned you are about to embark on a thrilling adventure in the countryside of Dorset, England.

My Grade 
4 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Warm

Other Books In Series 
The Devil In Disguise
The Sinner Who Seduced Me
The Saint Who Stole My Heart
The Scoundrel Takes A Bride
The Wicked Widow Meets Her Match
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails