Monday, September 22, 2014

Quote Tastic (14) A Scottish Rose, A Delicate Lass...or Not!!


Join us every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed you for one reason or another. Everyone's welcome to join in - authors, bloggers, readers. The more the merrier! Just grab the button and put up your post :) Don't have a blog? No worries, just leave your favorites in the comment section. Quote-tastic is hosted by Herding Cats & Burning Soup

My Candidate For The Week

Now Karen Hawkins is one of my all time favorite authors. This story is such a hoot, and witty romp of scottish fun that will leave you giggling for days. 


As Jack began to climb the stairs, Fiona looked up at her new home. Five stories of stately mansion
rose above her head. Heavy molding around the large windows and doors bespoke a quality and
craftsmanship that was obvious even in the dim night. “Good God! It’s massive!”
Jack paused with his foot on the last step. “I do wish you’d keep those comments until we are in bed,
love. I would appreciate them all the more there.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Could he be naked beneath his breeches? They
seemed molded to him, outlining the powerful lines of his thighs and the swell just above—
Oh, God. She closed her eyes. She’d been looking at his—Not only was it rude, but it had sent an
amazing tingle through her, almost as if she’d touched it.
“Fiona, if you ever look at me like that again, I will not be held responsible for what I do.” Jack was so
close that she could feel his breath on her temple. “Do you understand?”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 “Her honor will come to no harm at my hands,” Jack said.
“’Tis not her honor but her tender heart that I worry about,” Alexander said.
“She’s a delicate lass,” Hugh added.
“Aye,” said Gregor. “A Scottish rose.”
“Your tender, delicate rose had me ambushed, knocked unconscious, and forced to wed,” Jack ground out. “Facts you all know, if you’ve spoken to Hamish.”
Dougal grinned, his teeth flashing whitely. “She has the devil’s own temper, our Fiona does.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 “I’ve noticed that women often have a desire to change men, even the ones they love.”
“I’ve noticed that, too.” Dougal frowned. “Which is odd, when you think about it. Because if you didn’t
like the way a man is, why would you attach yourself to him to begin with?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails