Thursday, September 11, 2014

ARC Book Review- Sarah Sunshine by Merry Farmer

Sarah Sunshine
Montana Romance (3.5 )
Merry Farmer
E Book
Acquired: Author
Published August 2013
126 Pages
Historical Romance
ASIN: B00EJXITES
Authors Website 
Synopsis
After five years working at the saloon, Sarah Withers is a free woman. The shame of her past is behind her and nothing but blue skies lie ahead. But when her plans to become a respectable woman collapse under the weight of old wounds and fresh battles, her worst fears seem realized. The joy of her life and light of her heart, Roy, couldn’t possibly love a fallen woman like her, could he?

Roy LaCroix’s future seems made. Delilah Reynolds has made him manager of her new hotel. The only thing he needs to fill his days with sunshine is Sarah. But dark clouds line the horizon when Sarah stumbles into a twenty-year-old feud as it breaks hearts in the present. Roy must stay true to himself and his love for Sarah to stop a bitter past from repeating itself before it’s too late
My Review

I received a ARC in return for a honest review. 

Sarah Withers has spent five years as a saloon girl, and now she is at the end of her contract and is ready to start a new chapter in her life, and have a chance to show the people of the town who she really is. All she wants to be is a respectable woman and be worthy of Roy LaCroix. Roy has been one of those men that is gentle and caring, and has a bright future ahead of him. He has shared her bed for years, but with her plans to be respectable she hopes for something more in their relationship. Roy is young, but has hopes for the future, and they all include with Sarah in his life. He has always seen her as a caring and passionate woman, and aches to have her as his wife. But with her goal to be respectable, it may not be easy to show her of his devotion and commitment. Will Sarah's past keep them from being together...or will they be able to fight for their love?

When I was asked to read and review this story, I was very curious. I had never heard of this author before now, and since I love historical western romances, so I was excited to get my hands into this story. I really enjoyed this story, the voice of the story was a bit different than I was used to, but I LIKED that. There was something so unique about the way this story shares her storytelling ability that really sucked me into the story. This was a novella, but as I was reading I didn't feel that it was too short or rushed in any way. It was evenly paced, had solid plot changes, and was intensely romantic. One of my favorite aspects of the story is that the characters had flaws. They weren't picture perfect, they had faults and struggles just like any normal person, and the characters just came alive in the story for me. I really adored the heroine, I don't get to say that too often, but I will for this story. She is the center of the story. She is a bit focused on being respectable that she almost pushes away those that really care about her. But I loved seeing her journey from  beginning to the end of the story. The hero was charming and sweet, the focus really isn't on him, but he had that gallant quality to him that had me head over heels. Overall a winner of a romance that you don't want to miss out on!! Delightful from beginning to end! A WONDERFUL READ!!

My Grade 
5 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Warm

Other Books In Series 
Our Little Secrets
Fool For Love
In Your Arms
The Indomitable Eve
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails