Saturday, September 20, 2014

Author Interview With Merry Farmer

Welcome To The Blog Merry Farmer!!! 

Merry Farmer lives in suburban Philadelphia with her two cats, Butterfly and Torpedo. She has been writing since she was ten years old and realized one day that she didn't have to wait for the teacher to assign a creative writing project to write something.It was the best day of her life. She ten went on to earn not one but two degrees in History so that she would always having something to write about. Today she walks along the cutting edge of Indie Publishing, writing Historical Romance and Women's Sci Fi. She is also passionate about blogging, knitting, and cricket and is working towards becoming an internationally certified cricket scorer.



Where To Find Merry Farmer: 


Author Interview


Hello There Merry Farmer!! Welcome to the blog!! It is so great having you here! So tell us five random facts about yourself?

I really like frogs
I’ve met the Queen of Sweden (she was very nice)
With my very first ever royalty check, I took my brother and his wife out to dinner…at a fast food place, because that’s about how much the royalty check was for.
I drive a green car
The teddy bear my mom was given at my baby shower still has a place on my bed 40 years later

I see that you have written quite a few published works, so what inspired you to write romances?

I’ve always loved love stories. Maybe it’s because, being raised by a single mom, there weren’t many in my real life. I love the idea of happily ever afters and those delicious heroes and women who stand up for themselves. Everything I try to write always turns into a love story.

So do you have a favorite story that you have written, or what are you currently working on and what is it about?

I feel like anything I’m writing at any given time is my favorite story because I’m really in it as I write. Currently I’m working on a whole new series, Hot on the Trail, which is about brave men and women making the journey west on the Oregon Trail. The first one, Trail of Kisses, comes out October 27th!

What do you find the hardest or easiest part about writing?

The hardest part about writing is finding the discipline to sit down and DO it, particularly when the internet is so close and so easy to access. But once I actually start writing, it’s easy.

Do you have a favorite character that just sings to you? Tell us more about him/her.

I’ve always loved Anne of Green Gables. Now there’s a girl with intelligence and imagination and the courage to actually put her words into actions and try things, even if they have disastrous results. I mean, you don’t end up with green hair if you aren’t brave enough to attempt to dye your hair black in the first place.

Do you have a favorite genre you like to read for fun?

I read a lot of different genres, but right now I’m reading the Game of Thrones series and absolutely loving it! I don’t usually read a lot of epic fantasy, though. George R. R. Martin is really good at world building, and that’s a skill writers of any genre can learn from.

If you could travel anytime, anywhere, when and where would that be and why?

I’d love to go back to the 1880s and 1890s in both Europe and America. It was such a fascinating time of so much change. We think our world and our technology is evolving quickly now, but we have nothing on the late 19th century! Science, politics, social beliefs…all of it was changing and growing back then. It was an exciting time to be alive.

Do you have any go to authors or books you love to read?

Of course Jane Austen and J.K. Rowling. As far as contemporary authors in my genre, I kind of love Ashlyn Macnamara, Keira Montclair, and Callie Hutton.

What is the thing you couldn’t ever live without?

Sleep. I really love my sleep. Actually, people have sort of made fun of me for it even way back in college. I’m a morning person, though. I don’t sleep in much past 7:00am, and that’s when I sleep late. But I go to bed really early. Like, 9:00pm.

What would be a dream getaway for you and who would you bring with you?

I’d love to go someplace by the sea, maybe in England. Devon and Cornwall look nice. Can I take Benedict Cumberbatch with me?

Do you have a all time favorite movie that has inspired you and just gives you tingles?

There’s a really great Bollywood movie called Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, which is about a dorky guy in his 40s marrying a younger woman who has just been through a horrible tragedy. She promises to be a good wife, but tells him she could never love him because her heart is broken. When she signs up for a dance class, the hero goes to watch her in disguise, but ends up being partnered with her for a dance competition. It’s so cute and funny and the best commentary on marriage that I’ve ever seen.

What are a few facts about yourself no one would guess?

I have two bachelor’s degrees in History and a masters degree in Theater, and after getting all of those degrees, what did I do? I moved to Alabama and became a hairdresser. I was the most over-educated hairdresser in the South. But in truth, I’m a dyed-in-the-wool Yankee and was very happy to move back home to Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails