Saturday, July 31, 2010

On My Wishlist (1)

Each week, Book Chick City hosts a fun weekly event called On My Wishlist. It allows us to share the books we haven't bought yet, but are waiting to  buy and devour. They do not necessarily have to be pre-release or new. If you are anything like me then your wishlist is getting longer by the day!

Here are a few books that are on my wishlist:
Hush Hush
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

  My Dangerous Duke 
The Inferno Club: In public, this scandalous society of London aristocrats is notorious for pursuing all manner of debauchery. But in private, they are warriors who would do anything to protect king and country . . .
They say that the very name of Warrington is cursed . . .
From a time as old as the cold stone of the duke’s ancestral castle, the Warrington men have been plagued by tragedy. But Rohan Kilburn, the Duke of Warrington has vowed to escape the predestined torment by forsaking love and devoting his life to the Inferno Club and its secret mission.
And then she is brought to him unbidden by cutthroats hoping to calm the duke’s infamous temper—a sacrificial virgin of sorts. But even overpowered, Kate Madsen will be no man’s sacrifice. And the duke’s price for claiming her may be what he has sworn never to give—the heart he has so long and fiercely guarded . . . to the beautiful hostage he was never meant to love.


Grace Carlyle's world was about to change . . .
Deep in the jungle on the trail of her missing brother, Grace never expected to find a secret world populated by mythological monsters -- nor guarded by a sword-wielding being whose beauty put mortal men to shame.
Darius en Kragin belongs to a race of shape-shifting warriors sworn to guard Atlantis and kill all travelers who stray within its boundaries. Yet when Grace stumbles into his realm, he finds himself tempted to betray his centuries-old vow.
Now their forbidden love will either bring their worlds together -- or tear them both apart.


What is on your wishlist?





9 comments:

  1. I loved, loved, loved Heart of the Dragon! That was the book where I first fell in love with dragon-shifters. I need to re-read it. Can you tell I loved it? *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, gena showalter book for me. I somehow have never gotten all her Atlantis books and this one is my favorite shifter, a Dragon no less. I'm in!!!

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hush, Hush...now that's a cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read Heart of the Dragon. Hope you get Hush, Hush soon (Crescendo, the sequel, comes out in a few months) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gena Showalter rocks! I still haven't read my copy of Hush Hush yet. perhaps one day. I hope that you get your books and you enjoy them. Here's mine Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. hope you'll get what you wish for. I'm following you back. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gena's books are always on my wishlist. I love her, but I'm so behind on her books :(

    My wishlist is up here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hush, Hush is definitely on my wishlist too! I've heard so many good things about it & I'm really into the angel thing right now. With Crescendo coming out so soon, that series seems to be everywhere. We should get crackin' on the first one, huh? Lol =)

    Thanks so much for hopping by my blog! It's so nice to meet new fellow bloggers!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails