Friday, November 15, 2013

Book Review-Heart of Obsidian

Heart of Obsidian
Psy Changeling (12)
Nalini Singh
Berkley Publishing
Hardcover
Published June 2013
360 Pages
Paranormal Romance
ISBN: 978-0-425-26399-0
Authors Website 
Step into New York Times bestseller Nalini Singh’s explosive and shockingly passionate Psy-Changeling world…

A dangerous, volatile rebel, hands stained bloodred.
A woman whose very existence has been erased.
A love story so dark, it may shatter the world itself.
A deadly price that must be paid.
The day of reckoning is here.

From “the alpha author of paranormal romance” (Booklist) comes the most highly anticipated novel of her career—one that blurs the line between madness and genius, between subjugation and liberation, between the living and the dead.
My Review


This review will be shorter than this story deserves, but trying to avoid spoilers, I am going to have to shorten it a bit. I was able to receive a copy from my local library, probably why it took me so long to read this one. But finally it became available, and I could hardly wait to pick it up. Before this book came out, there was quite a bit of rumors pertaining to the identity of the characters, and I knew that it would be a good one. I have to say that after reading the Heart of Obsidian, I definitely loved every page, and could hardly put it down, even though I worked long hours the past two days. So it took me a bit longer than I would have liked to get it read. From the first chapter you see who our hero is, and it takes a bit longer to find the identity to the heroine. I definitely didn't expect the plot to turn the way it did. It had surprises and more information on the Psy than is previously revealed. I felt like I was learning way more about Psy, and it was a thrilling adventure, as this couple come together, especially overcome the obstacles they are faced with. When I first started reading Heart of Obsidian, I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy it. But I had heard so many stellar reviews and outstanding recommendations, that I knew I had to give it a real chance. With this series being one of my top favorite paranormal series, I have absolutely adored every installment. However this story, wraps things up a bit more, answers all the question I had in previous books, it definitely made me see another side to the Psy than I did previously. There is a bit of darkness introduced into the story, more than in previous books, however I felt like overall there was a balance of dark and light in here. The love story was powerful and unique and had a special feeling to it. I loved the bond that develops between these two, intense and scorching. This book had me hooked from beginning to end, and I was very impressed with how events turn out, and we see a new era in this world that Singh has created for us. A SEXY YET SATISFYING READ!! 

Favorite Quote
You're mine," Simple quiet words that were a punch to the chest. "I will fight for you, today, tomorrow, and all the tomorrows to come."

My Grade 
5 Blossoms 

Heat Rating 
Steamy 

Other Books In Series 
 Slave to Sensation
Visions of Heat
Caressed By Ice
Mine to Possess
Hostage to Pleasure
Branded by Fire
Blaze of Memory
Bonds of Justice
Whisper of Sin
Play of Passion
Kiss of Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails