Friday, November 8, 2013

Book Review-And Then Comes Marriage

And Then Comes Marriage
Worthington (2)
Celeste Bradley
St Martins
Paperback
Published August 2013
341 Pages 
Regency Historical Romance
ISBN: 978-1-250-01613-3
Authors Website
Synopsis
TWICE THE TEMPTATION

After years of being a quiet, dutiful wife, the recently widowed Mrs. Miranda Talbot is finally free to do as she pleases. As an attractive woman of independent means, Miranda is suddenly turning heads all around town. When she meets the dashing Mr. Castor Worthington, she is swept away by his passion. Is he too good to be true?

DOUBLE THE DESIRE

Little does Miranda know that there is more to Castor than meets the eye. In fact, he’s a twin. Castor’s brother, also a confirmed bachelor, takes his romantic pursuits—and rivals—very seriously. When Castor discovers Miranda is being courted by his own twin, his competitive nature takes over. Who will be the one to win Miranda’s hand and heart? The race to say I do is about to begin…

My Review
 Miranda Talbot, has recently become a widow, and she is finally starting to make a new life for herself. Miranda is the child of a father who was a criminal and sent to prison. Ever since she was a little girl, she has had to protect herself, and has no idea how to open herself up to affection and love. When she meets Mr. Worthington, there is a inner part of her that aches to be held and touched and kissed. When it becomes revealed that she has been seeing two Worthington men who look exactly alike, she feels used. It then becomes clear that both of them want to court her and win her hand. So she decides to go along with it, feeling as if she has nothing left to lose. When saving a woman from a experiment gone wrong that ends in a explosion, he is mystified, and only wants to know her more. At first he would like for her to be in his bed, but when he enters a competition with his twin brother, he decides he wants more than one night, he wants a life with Miranda. But will he be able to win Miranda's heart?

And Then Comes Marriage is the second in the Worthington series, that Celeste Bradley has created for us. I have known this author for quite some time. When I first started reading romances I was able to read Charmer, and I enjoyed it. So when this series came out, I knew I would love it. The first book was charming and fun and witty and so when I saw And Then Comes Marriage on the library shelf, I picked it up without looking at the blurb. I mean who can resist that cover anyway? So this story is a bit unique as far as Twins theme goes. There is a twist to it, and the way Bradley works it into the story line, is very fun yet has a serious tone to it. Usually I have some issues with the twin theme, but this one definitely surprised me, and quite delightfully too. It starts out a bit slower but once you get into a few chapters, it will picks up pace, and I read it in one evening, so I had a bit of fun with this book. One aspect I really liked was seeing more of the Worthington family, they are such a unique set of individuals, not your typical regency family. They can be wild and rambunctious, and tends to get quite involved in their siblings affairs. Yet there is a closeness and intimacy in this family that is addicting.

The main characters were very well done in this story. I grew to like them quite a bit. Castor, is quite a rake, and a scoundrel, but a inventor. He is intelligent, but craves the more carnal side of things. Castor is very dominant at times, and playful and silly at others. He is a enigma, has different sides to him, and I loved the complexity to his character. Miranda has never known real love or affection or respect. Since she was about seven years old, her father was sent to prison, and she was sent to live with a relative, that wasn't the most welcoming to her. Now she is a widow, having never even been kissed or known the taste of passion. I found I quite enjoyed Miranda as the heroine, and I understood her plight, and how she tries to give each brother a chance  to woo her, and she definitely stands up for herself when its needed. I think she could have been a bit better developed but for the most part I felt a kinship to her.

Overall I grew to love the latest installment of the Worthington Family. A beautiful mix of sensuality, entertaining scenes, and a sweet love story that you can indulge in!! FULLY SATISFYING!!

First Line 
Mrs. Gideon Talbot strolled sedately down the walk. 

Favorite Quote 
Before he could stop himself, he reached for her, his hands closing over her shoulders as he pulled her close to press against his body. A startled sound escaped her lips before he covered them with his. He fell, hard and spiraling, into the wet, sweet wonder of her mouth. Miranda's mouth had powers the like of which he'd never known. Kissing Miranda felt like flying, like falling, like spinning out of control and never wishing to land.

My Grade 
4 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Steamy

Other Books In Series 
When She Said I Do
With This Ring
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails