Thursday, January 1, 2015

Book Review-To Kiss A Kilted Warrior by Rowan Keats

Title: To Kiss A Kilted Warrior 
Author: Rowan Keats 
Series: Claimed By The Highlander 
Format: Paperback 
Release Date: December 2 2014 
Publisher: Signet
Pages: 388
Genre: Scottish Highlands Historical Romance 
ISBN: 978-0-451-47086-7










Synopsis
In the Highlands of Scotland, love and passion rage as fiercely as the storms that sweep the land—and nothing comes between a clan and its laird, a lass and her kin, or man and his chosen woman...

Shunned by her village, weaver Morag Cameron lives a solitary existence in the woods—until the night she finds a sorely wounded Highlander by the loch. Under her care, the handsome warrior slowly recovers his strength, but his memories have disappeared. Morag is torn. For if she helps him regain his past, she may sacrifice a life with the man she has come to love...

Wulf MacCurran wants nothing more than to claim Morag as his own, but his past holds too many dangerous secrets—secrets that put them both in mortal danger. He must discover who attacked him and left him for dead. Traveling to Edinburgh, Wulf and Morag find themselves swept into a mystery with the power to determine the fate of their passions—and change Scotland forever..

My Review
To Kiss A Kilted Warrior is the third book in this stunning series. I found this author last year, and she has impressed me so much with this series. I have to say when it comes to Highlander romances, Keats knows how to write a solid and winning story that blows you away. As I look at her first book to this latest release, I have found that with each book her writing becomes even more flawless and more engaging than ever.

In To Kiss A Kilted Warrior, we have a story of two people that desperately are in need of love and affection and passion. Morag Cameron, once thought she loved a man, who gave her promises of marriage and commitment, but in the end betrayed her and named her a whore. Her village and the only family she has ever known, cast her out. But there was one man that saved her, and helped her build a new life a short distance away in a small cottage, Wulf MacCurran. Then she found Wulf injured and with no memory of his past, and Morag healed him, and even though he could return back to his home, he has stayed with Morag. He learns that his wife and son were murdered from poisoning. But when a attempt is made on his life and Morag's, he needs answers and he has to find retribution for the murder of his wife and son. So he takes Morag up to Edinburgh, to discover the truth. Only without his memory, he has no idea of the deceptions and lies he will learn, or the danger he will be putting them in. There is one constant in his life...Morag, whose healing touch makes him feel alive more than ever and plans on keeping her no matter the scandal attached to her name.

To Kiss A Kilted Warrior is a powerfully written story and before I started reading this, I was very curious to see how I would enjoy it, and from the first few pages I was totally hooked. It didn't take much, and this story is my favorite of this author. I really enjoyed the previous two books, but this latest release, really stunned me and I couldn't put this one down!!! This book had so many elements that made it a beautifully written package that is guaranteed to keep any reader anxiously engaged. From the beginning of the story we have two people that in the way that they are written, they are likable and full of life, and you just want to know more.

Even from the first couple of pages, you sense the connection that they have. This connection they have just becomes even more cemented the more you read. Wulf, is one sexy hero, and I just loved him....he was everything you like in a kilted warrior. Despite losing his memory, you see his loyalty and honor, and I loved how he treats Morag. Even though he wants her, he also knows she deserves more than a toss in bed, I love how he treats with so much care, and even though it frustrated Morag to no end, I truly enjoyed how strong he resists her and with how she has been treated in the past, you see how he shows his love for her in the little ways. Their bond seemed so realistic to me, I almost felt like I had jumped into those pages and saw the events in real time. Morag was a great heroine, I adored her strength and stubbornness, and her passion for life and not letting anyone beat her down. She definitely has spunk and I loved seeing the unique qualities to her character come tot he surface and she kept surprising me.

I found that overall Rowan Keats weaves a genuine romance tale, with a mixture of adventure, mystery, passion and offers the rich depth of the highlands in a way you have never experienced. Excitement and intrigue on every page...not a story you want to miss out on! RIVETING!!
My Rating

5 Blossoms

Heat Level

Warm

Series Order
Taming A Wild Scot (1)
When A Laird Takes A Lady (2)
To Kiss A Kilted Warrior (3)
What A Lass Wants (4)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails