Monday, January 26, 2015

Quote Tastic (32) English Are Daft

Join us every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed you for one reason or another. Everyone's welcome to join in - authors, bloggers, readers. The more the merrier! Just grab the button and put up your post :) Don't have a blog? No worries, just leave your favorites in the comment section. Quote-tastic is hosted by Herding Cats & Burning Soup












My Candidate For The Week


“It was the only way to silence you.” She bristled with outrage.
 “Silence me? You took liberties with my … my … my lips in order to silence me? That was very impertinent of you, Laird. I won’t allow you to do it again.” 
He smiled and folded his arms over his chest.
 “Aye, you will.” 
Her mouth gaped open in astonishment and then worked up and down as she struggled to speak. 
“I assure you I won’t.” 
“I assure you that you will.” 
-------------------------------------
His eyes narrowed. “First, the marriage will take place. Just as soon as you’ve regained your senses and realize that tis the only sensible option left to you.” When she would have opened her mouth to dispute his assertion, he shocked her by clamping his hand over her mouth. 
“You will be silent and allow me to finish. I have doubts that you’ve ever been able to hold your silence for more than a moment in your entire lifetime,” he grumbled. She huffed but his hand tightened on her mouth. 
I can only assume that my son overheard me speaking to my men of our marriage. If you would have but cautioned him to hold his tongue, he would not have repeated it beyond his question to you. But now, you’ve announced our marriage to the entire clan. Some might even consider it a proposal. In which case, I accept.” He finished with a grin and then stepped back, releasing his hold on her mouth. “Why … you …,” she sputtered. She worked her mouth up and down but nothing would come out. A cheer went up from the crowd assembled. “A wedding!” '
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "King Solomon ordered a horse cut in half?" Magnus asked in a confused voice. "Who is King Solomon? He's not our king. I bet he’s English. 'Twould be a very English thing to do," Arthur said. Magnus nodded in agreement. "Aye, all English are daft." Then he turned to Mairin. "Be you English, lass?"'

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails