Friday, January 30, 2015

Short Book Review-My Lady, My Lord by Katharine Ashe

Title: My Lady, My Lord 
Author: Katharine Ashe 
Series: Title Unknown
Format: E Book 
Acquired: Self Bought 
Publisher: Billet Doux Books 
Release Date: March 10 2014 
Pages: 317
Genre: Regency Historical Romance 













Blurb
Book #1 in a new series of historical romances... with a twist.

The Bluestocking
Lady Corinna Mowbray has three passions: excellent books, intelligent conversation, and disdaining the libertine Earl of Chance.

The Rake
Lord Ian Chance has three pleasures: beautiful women, fast horses, and tormenting high-and-mighty Corinna Mowbray.

Neighbors for years, they've been at each other's throats since they can remember. But when a twist of fate forces them to trade lives, how long will it be before they discover they cannot live without each other?

My Review
My Lady, My Lord, is a new release from Katharine Ashe. Now I can't believe I have had this book on my Nook for months and I am just now getting to it. But this author keeps winning me over, and I knew I had to try this one out. This story I think, is part of a series, but have no idea what it is called and what the series is about...yet. Or it could be a single title. I wouldn't mind seeing this turned into a series though. This story was very unique, especially with it being a Regency romance. It is very lightheart and sexy fun, but it has a certain twist you don't expect. Now this review is going to be shorter than normal, due to the fact that I don't want to spoil anything for readers that have yet to read this and want to. What I will say was this was quite a ride...I loved the turns of the plot, and the sizzling chemistry between Corinna and Ian. Whew....their interactions alone can set ablaze a forest fire. They have some tension and not all of it sexual, although as you read you see that all their bickering and name calling, it boils down to their attraction for each other. No surprise right? Well I loved the way that this author formatted this story and I was being constantly surprised and I loved the way that Ashe weaves a sensual story that is breathtaking, passionate, and magical.
My Rating

4 Blossoms

Heat Level

Warm


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails