Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Book Review-Bound By Flames by Jeaniene Frost

Title: Bound By Flames 
Author: Jeaniene Frost 
Series: Night Prince 
Format: E Book 
Acquired: Self Bought 
Publisher: Avon Books 
Release Date: January 27 2015 
Pages: 342 
Genre: Paranormal Romance 












Blurb
Play with fire, pay the price.

Leila’s years on the carnie circuit were certainly an education. What she didn’t learn: how to be a vampire, or how to be married to the most famous vampire of them all. Adjusting to both has Leila teetering on a knife edge between passion and peril, and now the real danger is about to begin…

Vlad must battle with a centuries-old enemy whose reach stretches across continents and whose strength equals his own. It isn’t like Vlad to feel fear, but he does…for Leila, because his enemy knows she is Vlad’s greatest weakness. As friend and foe alike align against him—and his overprotectiveness drives Leila away—Vlad’s love for his new bride could be the very thing that dooms them both…

My Review


Leila, has had to learn to adjust to a new way of life, being a vampire, and being married to the most
infamous one of all time. Her life has changed from working the circus, and with their enemy still alive, both Leila and Vlad are determined to bring him to an end. But Leila is about to face a danger and an enemy that could destroy her. Now Leila will have to face a perilous journey that she may not be able to overcome. Vlad has an enemy that has been alive for centuries, and knows his strengths and weaknesses, but when Leila is put in danger and Vlad will have to do everything in his power he has gained from the centuries to save her and to conquer his enemy. Will Vlad’s love for Leila be their destruction or their salvation…

Bound By Flame is the third installment, of the Night Prince series. Now with each book, I keep thinking, if I love it more than cat and bones…because right now they are tied. I can’t believe I am saying that, since Cat and Bones are just a classic couple, and a favorite, however Vlad and Leila are an empowering couple, and their bond is just so strong and I have adored every moment seeing them come closer, and with each book, the danger increases. I waited a whole year for this story to come out, and it was worth the wait. I couldn’t put this one down once…it was a phenomenal read, and I would recommend it to anyone that loves a romance that will get that blood thumping. 

Now there are certain things, I would like to keep under wraps in this review, so I don’t spoil it too much. But I would like to discuss how the relationship between Vlad and Leila grows. In this story, Vlad and Leila really get tested, I mean REALLY tested. And what happens shocks me and I wished I had some wine to get me a bit a fortification for this story. It tested my strength and I had the hardest time refraining from skipping ahead, I had to reign my self-control in, and control the urge. There was quite a few heart wrenching moments that tugged at my heartstrings. At the beginning of this story, Vlad and Leila have only been married for a short period, and have barely scratched the surface on the “honeymoon” stage, and with their enemy growing, you see how the danger tests their resolve, and most importantly tests their love. 

The characters themselves were just as wonderful as ever, and I found them to be equally compelling, you also see quite a bit of growth especially in Leila’s case, but also in Vlad. When they get tested, you see how they grow and become stronger willed individuals and the steam level---WOWZERS!!! I think I got burned reading this one…watch out and you just might want to bring out a fire extinguisher to take out the flames. 

Oh and as a side note, at the beginning of the series I thought it was only going to have three books, but for those that don't know...there will be a fourth book...YAY!! So happy. I just can't get enough of this series. 

Overall a sexually charged paranormal romance that is packed with danger, suspense, a crazy villain, a possessive hero, and a heroine that will win over your heart!! A HEARTSTOPPER!!

Favorite Quotes
You aren’t just my weakness, Leila …You are my destruction, because if I were to lose you, it would finish me."
My Rating

5 Blossoms

Heat Level

Steamy

Series Order
Once Burned (1)
Twice Tempted (2)
Bound By Flames (3)
Unknown (4)-Coming Out 2016!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails