Sunday, January 18, 2015

Book Review-The Lord of the Clans by Chris Lange

Title: Lord of the Clans 
Author: Chris Lange 
Format: E Book 
Publisher: Secret Craving Publishing 
Release Date: January 9 2015 
Pages: 340 
Genre: Fantasy Romance 













Blurb
Beyond the edge of the world, Darkness bides its time. Only power and strength can fight it, not a simple girl.

Captured by a rival clan, Ariana is chained to a wall and about to be tortured. The Four Kingdoms aren't safe anymore. As if crossing dangerous territories wasn't bad enough, she is now trapped in a cave with her jailers. But they have it all wrong.
She isn't a spy, she's just a healer on her way to her sick aunt. Escape is out of the question as she's a weak woman, yet fear twists her stomach when she realizes who will decide if she lives or dies. The legendary Lord of the Clans will believe her or execute her. He's huge, he's powerful and he has the power of life and death over all the tribes. But maybe she has it all wrong.

My Review
Ariana, is a healer, and was sent by her mentor, on a mission, to find and heal her aunt who is ill. but on her way, she gets lost and ends up being captured. Her captor is none other than the infamous Lord of the Clans, a man that leads his people with strength and determination and no one crosses him. But upon meeting him she learns that he is so different than what she ever imagined. Cameron, is intrigued by Ariana, and he senses her honesty and how genuine she is. But only when they face the coming danger together that could destroy their world, will they be able to conquer it and find the most exquisite passion ever known.

I found this one through goodreads, and I just bought it and read it and loved it. There was so much to this story that was amazing and sensational. It has been quite a while since I have read a fantasy themed romance, and I will say that Chris Lange has outdone herself. This is technically a erotic romance, but to frank I think it should be more in the romance fiction, because even though there are quite a few steamy scenes, there was such a focus on the romantic relationship and the plot was quite substantial and balanced in a way that enthralls its readers from the beginning.

What I really loved about this story was how this romance developed and at the same time has a plot that is driven with complexities and unique settings and this author is quite talented with setting up her world building. I had no hard time understanding the circumstances of the story, and I was captivated by the story line and the way that Ariana and Cameron come together. There is also quite a level of suspense and magical elements that are through the story with a strong fist, but not overly strong...I felt like it was just RIGHT! And there were some scenes that were pretty hilarious, and oh my goodness, did I have such a fun ride with this story...there were so many things that I loved about it. I definitely need to read this author more, and I love finding a new author and one that sends thrills down your spine from beginning to end. I wish I could write a better review for how much I adored this romance, but I find myself having a difficult time organizing all my thoughts and perceptions of what I felt while reading this is a bit...scattered. But I highly recommend anyone who loves a exciting romance, this is a story you have to try out! A Provocative and passionate story of love, magic, and thrills. BRAVO!!
My Rating

5 Blossoms

Heat Level

Steamy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails