Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (44)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme that I have just discovered, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


•Grab your current read

•Open to a random page

•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others! Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like.

"How do I know you're really a starship captain--that you're hiring me to fly, and not"--Tee blushed furiously --"for sex?" She waved her gun at him, and he resisted the potent urge to cover his privates. Never in his life had he seen anything like this pistol-toting pixie, her chin jutting out, her eyes accusing him of unspeakable perversions.
"Now that you bring it up, how do I know you're really a pilot? For all I know, you're just another good for nothing drifter, lying your way aboard my ship for the chance at a hot meal and a clean bunk. We have no choice but to trust each other. So," he prompted " What will it be?" 
She stowed her pistol "It appears I will trust you, Earth-dweller" 
"Good. And just so there's no misunderstanding about my personal life" he caught her by the arm, bringing his mouth close to one perfectly formed little ear--"when I want sex, I don't have to buy it,"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails