Saturday, September 25, 2010

On My Wishlist (9)

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.


He was a master of seduction - but no match for the magical allure of the woman he wanted most...

Carys knew from the moment she first spied on Maximus in his naked barbarian glory that he was a dangerous Roman centurion - his taut, battle-scarred flesh marking him as a fearless warrior. But her desire for him was as undeniable as it was illicit.

Charged by his emperor to eliminate a clan of powerful Druids in Britain, Maximus never expects his mission to be thwarted by the clan's ethereal princess, Carys, his daring voyeur. Falling under her spell, he doesn't realize her true heritage - until he captures her heart as well as her body.

As Carys's loyalties are twisted, and freedom is no longer her single-minded obsession, an avenging former lover threatens to crush Maximus's people into oblivion. Now Carys and Maximus must overcome the devastation of war and face the ultimate sacrifice if their forbidden love is to survive.
---------------------------------
SARAH

She came to Deadwood, a rough and tumble western town, with an ambitious dream of starting a newspaper. But her journey had another purpose--to find her sister and mend the family tie that was severed years ago, when Addie left home with a hardened heart--and without an explanation.

NOAH

The thought of this headstrong woman turning his town upside down riled Marshal Campbell to no end. But there was something about Sarah that the lawman found irresistible. Inside, he longed to treat her like a lady. But outside, he'd keep up his ornery image--and give her a rocky welcome to town...

Two strong-willed souls, Sarah and Noah would discover the timeless beauty of love--when the heart learns to take back the past and start again... 


-------------------------------------
Neely Wallace thought she had found the perfect lover. Aidan Tremayne was both angel and devil, as tender and sensitive as he was powerfully erotic. Then she learned the secret that tormented his soul. . . Aidan was cursed with the dark gift of immortality. His passion for a mortal woman was forbidden, a reckless temptation that fired the hunger within . . . and threatened to destroy them both.
 
------------------------------------------------------
The men of the Bastion Club proved their bravery secretly fighting for their country. Now their leader faces that most dangerous mission of all: finding a bride.
As the mysterious leader of the Bastion Club known as "Dalziel," Royce Varisey, 10th Duke of Wolverstone, served his country for decades, facing dangers untold. But as the holder of one of England's most august noble titles, he must now take on that gravest duty of all: marriage.
Yet the young ladies the grandes dames would have him consider are predictably boring. Far more tempting is his castle's willful and determindedly aloof chatelaine, Minerva Chesterton. Beneath her serene facade lies a woman of smoldering sensuality, one who will fill his days with comfort and his nights with sheer pleasure. Determined to claim her, he embarks on a seduction to prove his mastery over every inch of her body...and every piece of her heart.


------------------------------------------


Once he had scorched the world.

Once he had driven back overwhelming darkness.

Once he had loved with such passion, his name was legend...

Tairen Soul


Now a thousand years later, a new threat calls him from the Fading Lands, back into the world that had cost him so dearly. Now an ancient, familiar evil is regaining its strength, and a new voice beckons him - more compelling, more seductive, more maddening than any before.

As the power of his most bitter enemy grows and ancient alliances crumble, the wildness in his blood will not be denied. The tairen must claim his truemate and embrace the destiny woven for him in the mists of time.



11 comments:

  1. I have seen Forbidden around, but not much about it being a good or bad read. I have the first three books of the Wilson series, but I have yet to read them. I think I have to be in the mood for High fantasy before I read it. I never heard of Spencer, Lauren rocks, and I have read a book or two from Miller and enjoyed them. I hope you get all your books and that you enjoy them as well. Check out what is On My Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like some great romantic reads! I hope you get all of them! I'm liking the look of Lord of the Fading Lands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look like great romantic reads! I hope you get all of them. I'm really liking the look of Lords of the Fading Lands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee I am in love with your list, you brought back such wonderful memories of reading for me with both author Lavyrle Spencer and Linda Lael Miller's book "Forever and The Night", the whole series was wonderful!

    Thanks for stopping by mine earlier today also, I am adding a couple from yours to my ongoing wishes!

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some great books listed here. I haven't tried Stephanie Laurens but that one and Forbidden look awesome...

    Great choices for this week....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get these added to your collection soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these sound like lovely reads! Hope you get your hands on them soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Stephanie Laurens! I have several of her books on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    These look like great reads and I'll be checking them out. Hoping you get to read them soon.

    Here is my wishlist for this week.

    All the best
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - a couple of those are oldies but goodies. I read Forgiven when it first came out. It wasn't my favourite Spencer book - that one would be Morning Glory, but I did like it if I remember correctly.
    And I really enjoyed Forever and the Night by Linda Lael Miller. It was a vampire romance long before it's time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails