Saturday, September 18, 2010

On My Wishlist (8)

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.

 Her proposition...
London Society is harsh for a young woman with no family connections who has to work for a living. But when Daisy Merrick is sacked from yet another job, the feisty and outspoken miss comes up with a plan that could give her a future beyond her wildest dreams. There's only one problem. Her success depends on a man, the most infuriating, impossible, immovable man she's ever met.

His resolution...
Sebastian Grant, Earl of Avermore, is England's most infamous author. Known for his notorious reputation, he is more interested in play than work, and has no intention of cooperating when Daisy shows up on his doorstep with a mad plan. The provoking, fire-haired beauty stirs his senses beyond belief, and Sebastian knows he has only one way to stop her. Seduction.

-----------------------------------
 A WARRIOR OF IMMORTAL POWERS

He was a mighty Scottish warrior who lived in a world bound by ancient laws and timeless magic. But no immortal powers could prepare the laird of Castle Brodie for the lovely accursed lass who stood before him. A terrible trick of fate had sent her 700 years back in time and into his private chamber to tempt him with her beauty--and seduce him with a desire he could never fulfill. For this woman he burned to possess was also the woman he had foresworn to destroy.

A WOMAN CAUGHT IN THE MISTS OF TIME

When Lisa felt the earth move under her feet, the fiercely independent 21st-century woman never dreamed she was falling...into another century. But the powerful, naked warrior who stood glaring down at her was only too real...and too dangerously arousing. Irresistibly handsome he might be, but Lisa had no intention of remaining in this savage land torn by treachery and war. How could she know that her seductive captor had other plans for her...plans that would save her from a tragic fate? Or that this man who had long ago forsaken love would defy time itself to claim her for his own....
--------------------------------------------------

As a child, animal rescue worker Talia Trahaern was enchanted by the bedtime stories her mother spun of castles and kings, but she thought they were only fairy tales…until a darkly compelling stranger invaded her world to reveal the fantastical truth. Suddenly Talia found herself face-to-face with a flesh-and-blood hero straight out of her wildest dreams.
Devin Archer had come looking for the legendary healer who could save his dying queen. Instead he found a passionate, beautiful woman unaware of the power she’d inherited or the danger that stalked her every move. Talia was skeptical of Archer’s story of assassins and imperiled kingdoms-but there was no denying his maddeningly seductive charm. As for Archer, he knew there was nothing more dangerous than losing his heart to a woman who didn’t know her own power. Now, with time running out, they will embark together on a perilous journey-and a timeless love that may cost them their very lives.



-----------------------------------------------------------------

On a calm moonlit night, as the scent of jasmine and pine embraces the island of Ascension, the pirate prince Lazar di Fiore returns with lethal grace to avenge what was stolen from him: his kingdom, his birthright, his soul...

When Allegra Monteverdi, the daughter of Lazar's sworn enemy, throws herself on his mercy, Lazar agrees to spare the lives of her family--but only if Allegra sails away with him as his captive.

Alone at sea with this dark, intriguing man, moving between seduction and fear, Allegra realizes it will take more than her growing love for this pirate prince to bring peace to her beloved home. For Lazar must face the demons of his shattered past--if he is to forge the destiny that is theirs to claim...



9 comments:

  1. I want Royal Hunter, every book I read of Donna Kauffman's is better and more fun to sit down with than the last!

    Hope you get all your wishes Renee!

    My Wishing is for the rest of a series

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore KMM's highlanders! I'm adding The Pirate Prince to my wish list it sounds so good! My Wishlist is here: http://triciareads.blogspot.com/2010/09/on-my-wish-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look like great reads! What is odd is that I LOVE the fever series by KMM, but haven't read the highlander series. I hear they crossover, so I just might. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh very niiice. I love the sound of all of them and shall put them on my wishlist. Hope you get them soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read With Seduction in Mind and it's quite good (not the best by Laura Lee Guhrke, but very good) I loved that its a book about writers and they actually spend time writing

    :D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the blurb for Royal Hunter! I'm going to be adding that to my wishlist now too!

    Hope you get to read all your wishes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get your books. Here's what I'm wishing for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, I'm going to have to put all of these on my own wishlist. Great choices, and I hope you get to read them soon.

    Here is my wishlist for this week.

    All the best
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Laura Lee Guhrke book looks great! Thanks for the book blurb.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails