Tuesday, May 7, 2013

ARC Book Review-Love At First Sight

Love At First Sight
Cupid Texas (1)
Lori Wilde
Avon
E Book
Published May 28th 2013
384 Pages
Contemporary Western Romance
ISBN: 978-0-06-221893-3
Author's Website
Synopsis
In the first in a dazzling new series, Lori Wilde welcomes us to Cupid, Texas, where every wish for love comes true . . .

"When it hits, you just know . . ."

Natalie McCleary couldn't believe her eyes—a lean-muscled, darkly tanned, nearly naked man stood in her path . . . and then it hit her: love. Everyone always told her it would hit like a thunderbolt, and she never believed them. But now she knew: practical, sensible Natalie was head over heels in love—with a stranger.

But ex-Navy SEAL Dade Vega wasn't about to be a stranger for long. He'd ridden into Cupid on his motorcycle, vowing to keep a promise he'd made to a military buddy. But a single glimpse of Natalie—soaking wet and unexpectedly tempting—changed his life forever.

But how can he offer her his love, when he can't even promise to stay in one place for longer than a week?
My Review

Summary 
When Natalie was younger, flying in a plan with her sister and her parents, they crashed and she watched her mother die in a most horrible way, and with her leg crushed she dragged her sister to safety. Natalie now thirty years old now, has never forgotten the one moment that changed her life. The limp in her leg has prevented her from doing some things she has always dreamed of, and its one of the main reasons she is still a virgin and has yet to find true love. She has heard about finding that one special person all of her life, but she wonders if she will ever find it for herself. Then one day her life changes when she see's a half naked man working on his motorcycle and she knows she has found love...finally. Dade, is a ex SEAL and has come to Cupid, Texas for one purpose, to find his closest friend and fellow SEAL comrade, Red. What he doesn't expect to encounter is a radiant woman who is like a breath of fresh air and makes him believe in love and trust and certain values he has never believed in until now. His life has changed forever now that he has found a woman he can give his heart to and he plans on keeping her by his side for the rest of his life.

My Thoughts 
Oh how can I count the words of how much I loved thee!!! I ADORED this book. I was given this ARC through Avon and Edelweiss and can I say....why haven't I read this author before??? Lately though I have been not in the mood for a contemporary at all, but I thought I needed to give this one a shot, especially since I love any western style whether its historical or contemporary. When I read the blurb at first, I had my reservations--for one reason the theme of "love at first sight". I am not a full believer that Love at first sight is real or happens really, boy did I have it all wrong. This story made me believe in it, there was so much powerful and evoking emotions put through this story that became so real in such a way that it endeared me completely. The story begins with us seeing a little bit of a background on both characters, which helped quite a bit, and then it starts with these two seeing each other for the first time. I swear, and this was at the beginning of the book, I felt like it was 90 degree weather, (its Utah here, and its been raining and pouring lol ) the chemistry was instantaneous and firework explosive. I felt tingles and shivers and the more this couple interacts, they become almost explosive. The sub characters were charming and just added a fun element to the story. There were quite a few scenes that I just loved, however I secretly loved the banana pie scene, definitely knocked me over with delight, and I just wanted to swoon. (if you want to know what that entails...you need to read it to find out...I promise you WONT regret any of it!!) I do want to point out that this wasn't only a love story, there was a suspenseful and mystery element to it, that only increased my fascination with the book. I found the characters lively and charming, the story sweet and poignant, and the sexual side very sensual at times, but not too much to overshadow the love story, which I found to be utterly captivating!!! A story to charm your pants off!!! READ IT, you won't regret it!!!

First Line 
Dear Cupid, The most awesomely awful thing has happened. I have fallen truly, madly, deeply in love.

Favorite Quote 
 "I trust you, Dade. With my heart, my soul, my body, every part of me."

My Grade 
4.5 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Steamy

Other books In Series 
One True Love
All Out Of Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails