Thursday, May 30, 2013

Short Book Review-Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf
Shifter Unbound (4.6)
Jennifer Ashley
Penguin
E Book Novella
Published April 2013
151 Pages
Shape Shifter Romance
ISBN: 978-1-101-61574-4
Author's Website
Synopsis

Ellison Rowe, a Lupine Shifter, makes it his goal to protect Maria, once held captive by ferals, from male Shifters looking for mates. He likes Maria's resilience and fire, but she's been broken, and Ellison wants more than anything to heal her. When a new danger threatens Shiftertown's cubs, Maria partners with Ellison to stop a cold-blooded criminal.
My Review 

I have such a love for this author and especially her newest series--Shifters Unbound. From the first book I fell in love. I think this series is one of my top paranormal favorites. There is such a magical way that Ashley displays in her writing that captivates the reader, and every time I pick a book up I know I will have a good time. Lone Wolf is Ellison's story, which I have been waiting on for quite some time. Total bad ass cowboy, that is not afraid of anything or anyone. It was great seeing a more intimate side of him, and get a look into what makes him 'tick'. He has a certain attraction to Maria, who has recently arrived, after being rescued from feral shifters. Her past is murky, and her emotions unstable and lives in constant fear, but we see as their relationship becomes more solid that she starts to become more independent, and is working her way to living her life instead of just existing. I enjoyed seeing the way this couple falls in love, and there was quite a bit of  conflict that added a sense of excitement and a unique flair of romance that completely makes you fall in love instantly with Ellison and Maria. Even though its a novella, it was very well done, and it didn't feel too rushed or short in any way, I felt it was perfectly balanced of sensuality, adventure, suspense, and a sweet love story that will bring a tear to your eye. A WINNER OF A READ!

My Grade 
5 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Steamy

Other Books In Series 
Pride Mates
Primal Bonds
Bodyguard
Wild Cat
Hard Mated
Mate Claimed
Tiger Magic
Feral Heat
Wild Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails