Friday, May 31, 2013

Book Review-The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton

The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton
The Burgundy Club (3)
Miranda Neville
Avon
Mass Market Paperback
Published August 2011
373 Pages
Regency Historical Romance
ISBN: 978-0-06-202304-9
Author's Website
Synopsis
Being kidnapped is teaching Miss Celia Seaton a few things about life:

Lesson One: Never disrobe in front of a gentleman...unless his request comes at gunpoint.

Lesson Two: If, when lost on the moors, you encounter Tarquin Compton, the leader of London society who ruined your marriage prospects, deny any previous acquaintance.

Lesson Three: If presented with an opportunity to get back at Mr. Compton, the bigger the lie, the better. A faux engagement should do nicely.

Lesson Four: Not all knowledge is found between the covers of a book. But an improper book may further your education in ways you never guessed.

And while an erotic novel may be entertaining, the real thing is even better.
My Review

I acquired this book, the third installment, from the library. Now I was a bit apprehensive about reading this since the past two books were enjoyable but didn't exactly have me hooked, in the way I like to be into a story. But I had heard great fabulous reviews about this story, so I was looking forward to it. I am delighted to say that I LOVED it! It was the type of story that completely pulls you in from the first few pages. Of late I never know if I will be into a story or not, so I was glad that this one proved to be my favorite of the series and the author so far.

It begins with Miss Celia Seaton being kidnapped and robbed by a stranger, who takes everything except for a rattle (that is her most precious possession) and her shift, no clothes, or shoes. She finds herself stranded in the country and comes along another man who has been robbed himself, but who is suffering from a case of amnesia and is the one man she despises, for he ruined her in front of society, and because of him she is destitute. So she comes up with a quick plan, to tell him that they are engaged to be married, because she believes he deserves a bit of justice. So she decides to create a new "fishy" name for him, and as they endeavor to stay one step ahead of a man who is chasing them, a desire develops and they are both caught up in the heat of the moment. When Celia starts to soften toward Tarquin, he then regains his memory, and he is more than furious. They then head to his estate, where his aunt finds them in a compromising position and he claims that they will be married. So now Celia is engaged for "Real" and she doesn't know her true feelings about her future. At first she doesn't see a need for them to be married, but she realizes that she wants to share a life with Tarquin with whom she has started to love, despite fighting her feelings for him, she can't resist him.

Celia I found to be a very amusing heroine, I was laughing so much. I loved how audacious she was, especially when dealing with Tarquin. Celia is very willful and independent, but loves to tease and play jokes, especially on a man who ruined her. I liked how she doesn't let anything discourage her, and she ends up being a very endearing character. I enjoyed seeing how she dealt with each new scenario. Tarquin is very education and intellectual, and a bit of a "fop", but despite his obsession with clothing, I grew to like him more and more, with each different circumstance when dealing with Celia. I enjoyed seeing how they connected, and even when he learns the truth and regains his memory, he doesn't fully take it out on Celia. I admired him more for that. I loved the intimacy that slowly develops and it is more gradual, but it was fun seeing these two interact and get over their misconceptions about each other.

Overall I found the third installment to be a sensational read that takes you on a variety of adventure and sensuality that is bound to tie you in knots. I enjoy the different aspects that develop for the story, and its much more than a amnesia/revenge type story--that is only the beginning. It starts out that way of course, but turns into a quite suspenseful plot and ends up forcing the reader to be on edge at times. There was also just a smooth flow to the story, that made it easy to read and keep enjoying all the way through. The intimacy that develops between the characters are fun and sexy and I found this story to be a ball of fun and adventure!!! You definitely want to put this on your watch out for list! WELL DONE!!

First Line 
"Take off your clothes."

Favorite Quote 
"We never kissed," Celia said. 
"Never?"
"No," she said. "You always treated me with the greatest respect."
Instead of relief he felt an irrational indignation. "It sounds to me like I was--am--a prig."
She looked up and her gray eyes seemed huge and bright. "I wanted you to kiss me," She said. 
An invitation he ought to resist. Just one kiss, he reasoned. To refuse would be to insult a lady.
"I'll give you a thousand kisses," he croaked just before he completely lost his senses and toppled her to the ground. 

My Grade 
4 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Steamy

Other Books In Series 
The Wild Marquis
The Dangerous Viscount
Confessions from an Arranged Marriage 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails