Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Book Review-The Trouble With Texas Cowboys by Carolyn Brown

Title: The Trouble With Texas Cowboys 
Author: Carolyn Brown 
Series: Burnt Boot, Texas 
Format: E Book 
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Pages: 384 Pages 
Genre: Contemporary Romance 












Synopsis (Goodreads)
When Sawyer O'Donnell takes a ranch job on a whim, he lands smack dab in the middle of a Texas-sized feud! The Gallaghers and the Brennans are at each other's throats to woo the red-headed spitfire, Jill Cleary, and stake a claim for the Fiddle Creek Ranch.

Jill makes Sawyer's blood boil. They argue, they banter, but Sawyer soon goes from being driven crazy to crazy in love. Damned if he knows how that happened. But now that it has, how does he compete with two men that can give this cowgirl a lifestyle beyond her wildest dreams?

My Review
This story is the first book I have ever read from this author, and y'all know how much I love my sexy cowboys...and boy was this book sexy and hot and fun. It definitely blew me away on how much I came to enjoy this story and it really didn't really grab my attention until a few chapters but once I was into this book...watch out peeps...or I might just bite you if you interrupt me while reading this one. I had previously seen high ratings for this author, and I was unsure how I would feel about this one, but I have to say that I was delightfully pleased when I finished this one, and for a contemporary romance, it had the sense and feeling to the story that makes it easy to connect with on a emotional level.

The story begins when Sawyer, takes a job offer, to work on a ranch, but upon entering the bunkhouse, he finds a gun pointing at him and the owner a sexy red head. Their first meeting could have been done better, at first Sawyer is not impressed with Jill, the last thing he wants is to enter any sort of relationship with a woman that is willing to fire a gun at anyone. Jill takes things as they come, when she gets a opportunity to come back to the ranch to help out, she learns that that she is the heir to Fiddle Creek ranch, and before Sawyer and Jill realize it, they are put in the middle of a fierce feud, and they join forces to remain neutral from these families who only want the coveted land. But soon Sawyer and Jill soon learn that you can't resist attraction, and these two have it by the extreme. From their first kiss...they know it would be trouble to get involved. But neither can they resist, especially when they have to work together to come out on top of the feuding families crazy schemes.

What a romp of a cowboy romance this one was...so wasn't expecting to like it so much and I love it when Contemporaries really surprise me. I sometimes have a hard time reading them, I personally seem to connect more with paranormals and Historical romances....so its always such a joy to find a story that turns me upside down in delight and giggles and balls of laughs. Now this story with the focus being the feud, reminding me Joan Johnston's feud series (which if you like that aspect, I would also highly recommend_. This is a theme you don't see in romances as much anymore...which is a tad sad since I really enjoy the theme...I think it adds a certain element that can engage the reader in ways that other romantic themes don't. 

These feuding families sure do get creative and super crazy...I mean do these things actually happen in the real world? I have no idea, I have never known anyone involved in a feuding scenario, but this author surely brought this story to life...and what competition there is. So bizarre at times, the things they will do in order to get a piece of land...I mean seriously. But I have to say this was a hoot of fun, and I just couldn't get enough of this story. The vivid detail and descriptions are amazing, and you can tell that Carolyn Brown knows the western life and all aspects related to it and its displayed quite obviously in the story, but not too obvious, she seems to blend it in well with the plot and other various aspects of the book, and it all goes together in a way that will really have you turning those pages.

This pair was quite fun, and they had quite some sizzling connection here. I actually adored these two together, and even though in some way they are complete opposites..you see that in the ways that matter they compliment each other so well and their relationship is a bit unique and they tend to do things a bit backwards than the normal average relations. However I found this way very stimulating, and what I truly loved about this story was how overall it was sexy yet tender and charming...a story to keep you aching for more!! STUNNING!! 
My Rating

4 Blossoms

Heat Level

Steamy

Series Order
Cowboy Boots For Christmas (1)
The Trouble With Texas Cowboys (2)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails