Thursday, April 10, 2014

Audio Book Review-Hearts of Darkness

Hearts of Darkness
Deadglass Trilogy (1)
Kira Brady
Zebra and Blackstone Audio
Audiobook
Narrated Xe Sands
10 Hours and 53 Mins
Paranormal Romance
ISBN: 9781470837839
Authors Website
In the first of a dazzling new romantic trilogy, one woman’s courageous search plunges her into a millennia-old supernatural war—and an irresistible passion…

Nurse Kayla Friday has dedicated her life to science and reason. But for her, Seattle is a place of eerie loss and fragmented, frightening memories. And now the only clue to her sister’s murder reveals a secret battle between two ancient mythologies…and puts Kayla in the sights of lethally-sexy werewolf mercenary Hart. He’ll do whatever it takes to obtain the key to the Gate of the Land of the Dead and free what’s left of his soul. But seducing the determined Kayla is putting them at the mercy of powerful desires neither can control. And as the clock ticks down to hellish catastrophe, the untested bond between Kayla and Hart may lead to the ultimate sacrifice
My Review

Kayla Friday, a nurse, has always believed in logic and reason and science. She doesn't believe in the paranormal, or myths or what she can't prove is real. Kayla's sister has been killed and she has come Seattle, to find her sisters killer. While examining her body, discovering her sister was pregnant when she died, she comes face to face with Hart, a sexy werewolf mercenary. Hart is demanding the location of the "key" which was in her sisters possession. Kayla has no idea that this search for this "key" would bring her perfect logical world down around her ears. Hart will do whatever it takes to free his soul, even if that means seducing and betraying a innocent woman who has wormed her way into his heart. But soon time runs short, and Hart and Kayla will have to rely on each other to stop the end of the world, if they survive that is...

Hearts of Darkness is the first in this trilogy by Kira Brady. This is a brand new author to me. Through my library I am able to access a few free digital audiobooks. I kept seeing this title pop up and always available, so I thought I should give it a shot. Little did I realize how much I would fall for this story. At first it starts out a bit slow, but once Hart and Kayla meets, all bets are off, these two are explosive together. This story is the beginning of a thrilling romance that is guaranteed to quicken the beats of your heart and get the adrenalin pumping. When I first read the blurb for the book, I thought well it seems to have a little conflict right, nothing too exciting just enough to keep me interested.....well let me tell you boys and girls, there is enough action and intensity to thrill you down to your toes. I could hardly get enough of this book and when it was over I was a little sad. Over ten hours long, and I still wanted to story to keep going. I found myself so enthralled by Kayla and Hart and wanting to see how they would ever get their HEA. Because every time I thought it would happen, something else would change the circumstances to the plot and keep me so fascinated I had a hard time putting it down.

Hearts of Darkness intensity is a bit comparable to Moning's Fever series, only this is a romance~~no doubt about it. The world that Kira Brady creates is full of mythical creatures of all shapes and sizes, with a few gods, ghosts and shape shifters and magical beings. So if you adore anything that goes "bump in the night" than this book is for YOU!!! This world seems so vivid and real and there were a couple of times while listening to this, I didn't want to go to sleep, thinking that this world might be real. Crazy how books affect us human beings so, but I guess I am mortal. The romance between Hart and Kayla is so precious and intense and wildly passionate. I loved every moment of seeing these two form their unique mating bond. I was cheering for Kayla and Hart all the way. Hart is so bad boy, like the king of bad boys. A mercenary, shifter wolf, and blood slave to a corrupt man, who has a soft spot for a naive Kayla who has no clue the world that surrounds her. Hart is so sexy and boy I just wanted to kiss him all over. He needs some good loving and a strong woman and that is Kayla. At first I had a couple of issues with Kayla, she seemed so naive and not able to adjust at first. But when she gets dragged into this world, and her life is put in danger, that is when she starts to show her true colors and I LOVED her as the heroine. She was perfect for the role, and a solid match for Hart. Hart is used to being obeyed and Kayla has her own mind, and stands up to Hart like no one else ever does.

Overall Hearts of Darkness is a thrilling paranormal romance, with a world that is surreal, a plot to keep you at the edge, characters to captivate your senses, and a story to enthrall you heart, body and soul!!! A THRILLING ROMANTIC TALE!! I can hardly wait to see what happens next...

My Grade 
5 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Steamy

Other Books In Series 
Hearts of Shadow
Hearts of Chaos
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails