Saturday, April 19, 2014

Book Review-The Art Of Seducing A Naked Werewolf

The Art Of Seducing A Naked Werewolf
Naked Werewolf (2)
Molly Harper
Pocket Books
Paperback
Published 2011
336 Pages
Shifter Romance
ISBN: 978-1-4391-9587-1
Authors Website
Synopsis
Baring It All Generations of werewolves have been secretly residing in a secluded valley a stone's throw from Grundy, Alaska. So when a snooping Outsider comes to Grundy to investigate rumors of lycanthropic shenanigans in the area, the valley's pack alpha, Maggie Graham, resolves to chase him away, even if doing so takes a quick bite on the butt. What a pity that researcher Nick Thatcher turns out to be so drool-worthy, and that his kisses make Maggie want to sit up and beg. Maggie just can't seem to convince Nick to leave . . . and even worse, she can't convince "herself "to stay away from "him. "Cross-species dating is problem enough for a harried alpha female, but on top of that, a rival group of werewolves is trying to move into the valley. With interpack war threatening, Maggie can't afford to be distracted. Combining romance and a career can be tough for anyone; for a werewolf in love with a human, it may be disastrous. . . .
My Review

Maggie is the Alpha of the pack, and has been for quite some time. Maggie is used to taking charge with no nonsense attitude. When a journalist researching werewolves comes into Grundy, all she wants to do is kick him out, until she first sees him and then she starts to rethink that idea. Maggie is instantly attracted to the sexy but geek of a man, Nick. At first Maggie wants to deny the attraction that she feels for Nick, because he is not good for her. She needs a strong alpha wolf, to keep the pack strong. The long that Nick is around though, and they keep bumping into each other, she starts to realize that Nick is just what she needs. But then tensions rise, when a neighbor pack is trying to move into their territory, and strange things start happening to Maggie, she needs to keep control. But will the love that they have built be enough to withstand the coming storm?

The Art of Seducing A Naked Werewolf is the second book in the series and I have finally managed to read Maggie's story. I was able to obtain a copy through my local library, and so grateful too. Ever since I read the third book, I have been aching to read Maggie and Nick's story. I knew that they would get their HEA but I had no idea how it happens. From the first page I was completely drawn into the story. Maggie is well, one tough cookie. She is not someone you ever mess with or say no to, however Nick does and isn't afraid of her. He is human, not a wolf, and only feels a attraction and acts on it. I loved how from the beginning Maggie has liked Nick for his "geek and smart side". In fact I think its the fact that he is smarter than she is, that gets her bothered. I love the connection between the two, and from the time that she bites his "booty" as a wolf, things escalate. 

Nick is the type of hero, that we don't see a whole big side of. We see more of Maggie's story and her feelings on this story. However I really liked Nick as the hero and the mate for Maggie. I felt from the beginning, that he is what she needs. She doesn't need a powerful wolf but she does need someone to stand up to her, who has his own opinions, and isn't afraid of her wolf either, but finds her wolf side fascinating. Its pretty humorous at times seeing these two together. There was so many scenes that almost made me fall off my couch laughing. I swear it was never ending scenes that are guaranteed to make you smile, giggle, and burst out in laughs that others will think you are crazy!!

I really felt like this story was well developed and flowed quite smoothly. I never felt the need to put this down, and once I fully got into it, it didn't take me very long to plow through the story. I always know when I pick up a book this author has written, I am going to have one hell of a ride, and this story tops every expectation I had for the book. And there was a few times that the plot twisted in a way that bowled me over topsy turvy!!  A paranormal romance with fun filled scenes,  characters that will captivate, and a tale to keep you fascinated. Never a dull moment. FANTASTIC!!!

My Grade
5 Blossoms

Heat Rating
Steamy

Other Books In Series
How To Flirt With A Naked Werewolf
How To Run With A Naked Werewolf
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails