Saturday, April 5, 2014

ARC Book Review-Seth

Seth
Cyborgs: More Than Machines (5)
Eve Langlais
Fido Publishing
E Book
Published February 28 2014
244 Pages
Sci Fi Romance
ISBN: 9781927459478
Authors Website
Synopsis
His mission: Blend in with the humans. Save the cyborgs. And seduce the only woman he ever loved, without getting killed.

Cybernetic spy models are different from other humans turned machine. For one thing, they never completely lost touch with their humanity, or their memories. But retaining their identity doesn’t mean the military didn’t mess with their lives. Seth lost the woman he loved because of their web of lies. When the chance arises to make things right, he relies on his superior intellect—and irresistible charm—to prove his innocence, and make Anastasia his again.

Anastasia might possess upgraded parts and programming, but the scientists never could cure her of her biggest weakness, jealousy. The volatile emotion made her walk away from love once. Can she overcome it and recognize the truth? Or will she continue to let the military manipulate her emotional strings?
My Review 

Seth is a cyborg, but was once fully human and serving in the military, until the test subjects ended up being no more than slaves and they rebelled for their freedom. His partner and wife, he lost, when they were both tricked, and  they both felt betrayed, and he lost the only woman he ever loved. When she enters his life again seeking his help, he sees a opportunity, to prove to her of his devotion and love to her once again. Anastasia has always had to be the toughest and strongest and her competitive spirit is longer than a ocean wide range. Seth even though full of himself and his abilities, is the man that made her feel alive and one with whom she could share everything with. But when she is betrayed by him, she hides her pain deep inside, until years later, when she is in need of his help. Seth and Anastasia go on a journey together that is rough and full of tough patches, to find the truth about the reason why they were created and will have to learn to trust in each other again if they want to survive the next tide that is about to sweep them away...

Seth is the first book I have been able to get a chance to read from this author. I do enjoy Cyborg romances, I feel like if the author does it write, these men and women seem more human and genuine that many other characters we see. There is a simplicity in the telling of it, and you start to gain a deeper appreciation for the simple things in life we take for granted. In Seth however we see a couple that has a rough past and have both betrayed each other, but they were each used in doing so. Even though I fully enjoyed myself in the reading of this story, I do wish I had read the previous books in the series. We see a world that this author created, and you see that each book is somewhat connected to the next. Or at least I can assume so, seeing how this story turns out and leaves me with a bit of a cliffhanger.

I really enjoyed seeing these two characters together. Their relationship is full of flirts and comebacks and passion. I felt like there was no enough depth to their relationship, or not enough to fully satisfy me. There was plenty of tension and passionate encounters between this couple, but I felt like there was something missing from the story, a portion of their relationship that I felt was not included in the story. Overall though it was a enjoyable story with plenty of sensuality and excitement, and I loved the style and how I was fully immersed in the story, and had no problem getting into it. Just wished there were some elements that had been included. I am planning on reading the previous books and I can't wait for the next installment, so I can find out what happens next after that little cliffhanger that is leaving me very curious.

My Grade 
4 Blossoms

Heat Rating 
Steamy

Other Books In Series 
C791
F814
B785
Aramus

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails