Sunday, May 23, 2010

Book Revieew-The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie
Highland Pleasures
Jennifer Ashley
Leisure, 320 Pages,
Published May 2009
Victorian Historical Romance
ISBN: 0-8439-6043-4

Synopsis
It was whispered all through London Society that he was a murderer, that he'd spent his youth in an asylum and was not to be trusted--especially with a lady. Any woman caught in his presence was immediately ruined. Yet Beth found herself inexorably drawn to the Scottish lord whose hint of a brogue wrapped around her like silk and whose touch could draw her into a world of ecstasy. Despite his decadence and intimidating intelligence, she could see he needed help. Her help. Because suddenly the only thing that made sense to her was...THE MADNESS OF LORD IAN MACKENZIE


My Review:
 It started with Beth Ackerly, who is a widow; and is planning on marrying a Sir Lyndon Mather. However upon hearing this news Lord Ian Mackenzie knowing some horrible truths about Mather's convinces Beth to cancel her engagement to the man. Then shockingly asks Beth to marry him; but Beth knows that she can't marry someone again, especially since she doesn't know much about Ian, apart from the fact that there is a heat that sizzles between them. She heads off to Paris, realizing that she wants to do some things for herself, she has the financing to do it. So she heads off to Paris, leaving Ian a note telling him that she must decline his offer. Ian chases after her to Paris, not knowing why but feeling the need to follow her. In Paris, Beth is amazed to find friends that happen to be related to Ian. Through a twist of fate, Beth ends up marrying Ian in the end, and they head to his family's home. Ian is rumored to have a madness, since his father sent him to a mental institution when he was a teenager. However Beth knows there is no madness within Ian, only a man that has been tormented. She knows some truths about his past, and two of his past lovers have been killed. The rumor is that he murdered them, but Beth goes about to prove his innocence. However the more she uncovers the more danger she diggs herself in; and the more powerful the desire that builds between Beth and Ian.

I honestly loved this one, I didn't know how I would at first, but I have heard great things about this book so I decided to read it and give it a chance. I have always loved reading from Jennifer Ashley, and I have to say I continually fall in love with all of her books. Ashley has the ability to portray the books that she has written to a point that it seems so real for the reader, the same is true for this one as well. I fell in a whirlwind of adventure, sensuality, mystery, romance within the pages of The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, the only problem that I had with this book is that it seemed to go kinda slow at the beginning but then it picked up and it was a great read!!! One I could hardly put down, and the characters captivated my interest, and am looking forward to reading the next one in the series 'Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage' which will come out in July.

My Grade On This Book
4 Blossoms

Other Books In The Series 
Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage 





3 comments:

  1. Great review! I have this one in my TBR pile, and have been having this one for quiet a while. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you enjoyed this one. It's a 5 for me. The good thing for you about reading it so late is the wait for Mac's story is much shorter than for those of us who read TMOLIM when if first came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kristie!!! Thanks for the comment! Yes you are right about having to wait for Mac's story! I can hardly wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails