Saturday, October 4, 2014

On My Wishlist (87)


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.



HE'S TRYING TO RECLAIM THE PAST

To keep the balance between good and evil at the court of Annwyn, Prince Felan ap Gwyn has two weeks to marry and take the crown. But he wants more than just power—he wants love; a love he once had but was too stubborn to hold on to.

SHE'S STRUGGLING TO FACE THE FUTURE

It took years for Jacqueline Ara to put her life back together after Felan abandoned her. She's moved on, even if her heart still burns for him. But with war in Annwyn looming and death bleeding into the mortal world, Felan and Jacquie will need to heal old wounds and rekindle the passion that once welled between them . . . or face losing everything.


Breathtakingly romantic, startlingly original, Connie Brockway's novels have captured the hearts of readers and the raves of critics everywhere.  Now she brings you a unique and unforgettable love story that begins with a series of letters between a world-weary adventurer and the woman whose love brings him home.

Dear Mr.  Thorne,

        I give you fair warning.  I intend to do whatever I must to abide by your late uncle's will and win Mill House.  Though I know he never expected me to succeed, and for whatever reasons is using me to shame you, I accept his challenge.  For the next five years, I will profitably manage this estate.  I will deliver to you an allowance and I will prove that women are just as capable as men.  And at the end, I shall accept Mill House as my reward.

Sincerely,
Lillian Bede


My Dear Miss Bede,

        Forgive me if I fail to shudder.  Pray, do whatever you bloody well want, can, or must.  I shall look forward to making your acquaintance in my lawyer's office five years hence, when I take possession of Mill House.

Avery Thorne


When Peter Holland married Sarah Woodard's dear cousin, she was astonished. After all, contrary to turn-of-the-century convention, the two girlhood companions had vowed they would never marry. And when Peter's wife mysteriously passed away, Sarah was convinced the man she'd never met had something to do with it. So she hired herself out as a tutor for Peter's little boy, determined to expose a heartless fiend. But instead, she found a warm, devoted father who arouses in her feelings of forbidden passion. And now that Sarah has learned Peter's ideal high-society marriage was anything but, she must decide whether he is the perfect man for her--or a dangerous deceiver.


Self-made tycoon Landry Sutton heads to Hangman Bend's Ranch to sell his land to his brother Zane. Though he's got cowboy in his blood, Landry plans to return to city life before the dust even settles on his boots. Of course, he didn't count on falling for Big Sky Country…or Ria Manning.

Ria's starting to settle into country life herself…until she has a close encounter of the terrifying kind with a buffalo. Turns out the peeping monster belongs to the cowboy next door—and he has her running even more scared than his bison. She wants a home where the buffalo don't roam, and the men don't either. Could Landry's homecoming be her heart's undoing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails