Friday, June 11, 2010

Book Review-Vampires Are Forever


Vampire Are Forever
Argeneau Series (8)
Lynsay Sands
Avon,
361 Pages,
Published February 2008
Vampire Romance
ISBN: 978-0-06-122969-5

Synopsis:
VAMPIRES DON'T EXIST...DO THEY?
Inez Urso is beginning to have her doubts. Her business associate Thomas Argeneau has some interesting traits, like an allergic reaction to the sun, excellent night vision, and not much of an appetite for food. And to top it all off, he just tried to bite her neck . . . but maybe that was a sign of passion. If so, she'd be happy to experience more, despite her determination not to mix business with pleasure.

HE'S BEEN WAITING FOREVER FOR A WOMAN LIKE HER...
Well, if not forever, at least two hundred years. Inez is the most beautiful woman he's seen in centuries. Those luscious lips, seductive curves, and her elegant neck . . . he just couldn't resist the temptation of one little bite. Now Thomas will do anything to convince her that only an immortal like him can satisfy her all night long . . .



My Review: 
Inez Urso has been sent by her boss Bastien, to meet his cousin, Thomas at the Airport, since he is new to London. So she is a bit irritable with it being five in the morning, no shower or a cup of tea, and when she happens to meet Thomas at the Airport, he looks at her and then abruptly walks away and gets a cab. Inez is pretty upset to say the least, after all she is the Vice President of the UK operations. So wanting to impress her boss Bastien she goes to the hotel after Thomas, planning on giving him a piece of her mind. Thomas Argeneau has come to London to search for his Aunt Margeurite who, along with her partner, has gone missing. So when he arrives at his hotel, he gets a call from Bastien, when at the same time he hears a knock at his hotel room door, and as he opens it to find a very angry Inez Urso, he can tell she is railing at him, but can't understand what she is saying she is is lecturing him in Portuguese, unfortunately Bastien understand every bit of the language. Inez and Thomas have started to a bright start haven't they? However things get even more interesting when Thomas has to feed on her, per orders by Bastien, and finds that he can't erase her memories, that Inez is his life mate. Of course that just get Inez furious at him all over again, I mean what woman wouldn't be right? Eventually after being calmed down somewhat, she agrees to help him try to find his Aunt, which is his purpose here. They are both taken on a bumpy road of adventure, passion, and a danger that neither one of them sees coming.

To say that I was delighted by this one, is a understatement. Its been quite a while since I have read this one. Probably since it first came out, but I have wanted to read the Argeneau Series, and so I just had to pick this one up. It started up pretty amusing, and had me just laughing the whole way through, apart from the thrilling and moments that set my body on edge. Even though I have read this before, all I remembered was the basic points of the story. I fell in love all over again with Inez and Thomas. Inez is one of those women, that you could get coffee and go shopping with. I found myself relating myself to her so much. She has such a witty and fun personality, and yet has a low opinion of herself physically at least. I could definitely relate, as I think most women do. But when she starts connecting with Thomas and finds herself losing her heart to him, there is a confidence about her that blossoms throughout the story. Thomas of course is a hoot, don't we all love him? I found it so amusing how he handles Inez throughout the story, it was one laugh after another. There were times where I kept thinking they are so perfect for one another. I loved how strong their connect intimately, and the love scenes were sexy and erotic and seemed timed perfectly, and had the perfect mix of wit, romance and danger that we all love in this vampire series.


My Grade For This Book
5 Blossoms


Other Books In The Series:
A Quick Bite
Love Bites
Single, White Vampire
Tall, Dark and Hungry
A Bite To Remember
Bite Me If You Can
The Accidental Vampire
Vampire, Interrupted
The Rogue Hunter
The Immortal Hunter
The Renegade Hunter
Born to Bite






1 comment:

  1. Hey Renee! I wanted you to know I was moving around my awards a bit (I hate giving more than one to the same person, as that's a lot of publicity) and I saw your blog and was like OMG. MUST. GIVE. AWARD. So, I'll be posting about it in a little quickie today. ;) Hope you like.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails