Friday, June 4, 2010

Book Review-My Wicked Pirate


My Wicked Pirate
Rona Sharon
Zebra,
432 Pages,
Published November 2006
European Renaissance/Nautical Historical Romance
ISBN: 0-8217-8057-3

Synopsis: (FictionDB)
First He Gave Her A Wicked Kiss . . .
Azure-eyed Alanis was by far the most exquisite treasure ever claimed by the black pirate known as the Viper, but his motives went deeper than his silken promise to ravish the feisty Yorkshire heiress. Commanding the waters of the Caribbean was his means to an end: reclaiming his birthright--and his blood debt against those who had betrayed him.


Then He Gave Her Nights Of Wicked Pleasure . . .
Comfortably betrothed to a nobleman, Alanis never imagined the heady emotions involved in the true games of seduction--games this blackguard seemed to thoroughly enjoy playing with her. Swept up into an adventure that soon revealed a gentleman and kindred spirit beneath the ruthless veneer of a privateer, Alanis began to soften towards her enigmatic captor, as her pride and her heart fell under his erotic spell...



My Review:
Lady Alanis is on a ship headed toward her fiancee one she hasnt seen in years, but is nonetheless dedicated to marrying him. However on the journey, her ship is attacked by pirates, with their leader the well known "Viper". Who usually attacks fleets not single ships. However he has a ulterior motive for attack Alanis's ship. He believes his sister is captive by her fiancee no less, so he plans on making a trade. Eros is a tormented man, that is the lost prince of Milan, who lost his birthright when he was young, and he lost his family believing that his own mother betrayed him and his father. When Eros meets Alanis, he finds her to be so different than any other woman he has ever known. He finds himself softening toward her at times, and trusting in her, when the list of people he trusts is small. When he finds out that his sister has fallen in love with Alanis's fiancee. He agrees to take her to various places around the world, before returning her to her grandfather the Duke of Dellamore. Both Alanis and Eros are drawn into a adventure of a lifetime. As they endeavor to return Eros's birthright to him, will result in a wave of adventure, passion, love, and a voyage that will bring two souls into a exciting and thrilling ride.

When I first looked at the cover of this book, I knew that I would want to read it. I love historical romances involving nautical scenes, filled with romance and adventure. I wasn't disappointed with this, and it was one adventure after another. I never got bored, not one bit. This being the first I have read anything from this author, and having never heard of her, I was a bit nervous when I started, but as I got into it, I started to relax and let myself be drawn into the compelling story. Eros is a captivating,handsome yet deal with a inner torment of his past. He knows how to survive, despite all those that are out for his head. He finds himself drawn to the beauty Alanis, and learning the meaning of trust and true love. Alanis is a courageous, witty young woman, who really just wants to travel the world. When she meets Eros, she is drawn to him, not knowing why. He has a jeckyll/hyde personatilty. There are times when he is tender to her, and other when he is furiated with her. I really fell in love with Alanis because she stands up to Eros, she challenges him constantly, and she also finds herself falling in love with him. Both these characters are definitely too different, but somehow they connect and learn to trust 100% in one another, surrounding them is danger at every time, but also a love that strengthens. I loved how well its emotionally portrayed, I felt so drawn in by the story and the way that the author writes, there were times where it felt so real. There were a couple times in the book that it didn't flow as well as the rest, but apart from that it was a very enjoyable read.

My Grade On This Book:
4 Blossoms




2 comments:

  1. hmmm me likely very shall i say eye catching cover hehhee :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't enything by this author yet but I love the cover! I am a huge fan of Nathan Kamp!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails