Monday, August 23, 2010

Book Review-This Is All I Ask


This Is All I Ask 
Lynn Kurland
De Piaget Series
Berkley, 422 Pages
Published August 1997
Medieval Romance
ISBN: 0-425-18033-6
Synopsis
This medieval historical romance doesn't offer any of the paranormal elements found in Lynn Kurland's first two books, Stardust of Yesterday, and Dance Through Time, yet Kurland's fans will not be disappointed by this sensitive and moving romance. Gillian of Warewick knows no other treatment than the terrible physical and mental abuse issued by her father. When he arranges a match for Gillian with Christopher of Blackmour, she is fearful: Blackmour is rumored to be an evil sorcerer. When Gillian meets him, he proves to be far more of a man than her father is, yet he is unwilling to be a lover to Gillian. She finds that Blackmour has as many psychological scars to heal as she has physical scars.


My Review:
As this is one of my favorite romance novels to read, a book that I have read and re read over and over, I thought it was time to do a review on this read. This Is All I Ask starts out with Gillian of Warewick, whose mother died when she was young, and her father tends to be very abusive to her both physically and emotionally. Gillian after losing her brother, who was the only one that loved her, she feels that she has no courage or beauty inside or out. When she is suppose to marry the Dragon of Blackmour, a man known for his deeds in battle, and rumored to have killed his previous wife, and deals in nefarious acts. Gillian, after being married to Christopher of Blackmour, Gillian is terrified of this man whom she knows regrets their marriage. After a deep misunderstanding these two lost souls find a way to overcome, what they view as deficiencies, but will become strengths as they find love and a reason to live and enjoy every moment together.

I love reading from this author, and as this is one of my favorites of this author I thought I would re read it and do a review on it. This is probably one of the most emotional romances that I have ever had the opportunity to read. Its both powerful yet sensitive, and will pull at your heart strings. Gillian is a young woman whose only known abuse and domination. She has never had freedom or to be able to think for herself. So when she first meets Christopher she knows that he is only marrying her out of a promise that he made to her brother. But as she sees that he struggles with a certain challenge of his own, that will be with him the rest of his life, she knows he suffers pain and loss as well, that he is in need of love as much as Gillian needs it and more. Kurland will take you on a roller-coaster of a journey will ups and down that might make you shed a tear, but will brighten up your day, I found This Is All I Ask to be a enriching read that you will never regret taking the chance on!!!

My Grade On This Book
5 Blossoms

Other Books In The Series
Another Chance To Dream
If I Had You
Dreams Of Stardust
When I Fall In Love
The Gift Of Christmas Past
The More I See You
From This Moment On
To Kiss In The Shadows
Stardust Of Yesterday
One Enchanted Evening 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails